Doncaster Sheffield Airport Could Permanently Close

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

That's my point. The immediate catchment area of Leeds Bradford airport is far greater than East Midlands airport, so the fact that the latter actually has more passengers speaks volumes about how inconvenient LB airport's location is !

Don't waste your time 

The same people who are pro Donny airport are the very same people writing posts about climate change destroying the planet

They're all over the place

These idiots should put their hands up and they should be banned from using buses, phones, computers, planes, gas, oil, plastics efc

It would be great to watch them stumbling around in the dark in their own poo 🤣

Edited by Jack Grey

2 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Don't waste your time 

The same people who are pro Donny airport are the very same people writing posts about climate change destroying the planet

They're all over the place

These idiots should put their hands up and they should be banned from using buses, phones, computers, planes, gas, oil, plastics efc

It would be great to watch them stumbling around in the dark in their own poo 🤣

I am a supporter of Donny airport Jack. We'd always have preferred to use it to the alternatives, particularly after they built the link road. But there was never equivalent flights to take. It was  a chicken and egg situation, you won't get the passengers without the flights, but you won't get the flights without the passengers.

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I am a supporter of Donny airport Jack. We'd always have preferred to use it to the alternatives, particularly after they built the link road. But there was never equivalent flights to take. It was  a chicken and egg situation, you won't get the passengers without the flights, but you won't get the flights without the passengers.

I use Manchester Airport

But since COVID you can't go there directly by train anymore so I get a taxi

It's £100 but nice after a long haul flight

• 1 month later...

We flew to Majorca from Leeds Bradford because, when we booked it it was about £200 cheaper, but I rather wish we hadn't...

We left the airport at 15.30 today and it took nearly an hour just to get to the motorway ! As has been mentioned before Leeds Bradford airport is in just about the most inconvenient place it'd be possible to put it ! !

And we got lost on the way back, again..... In fact we've used L/B 3X (2016, 2019 and 2023) and I think we took the same wrong turning every time... As one comes back on the A6110 bypass, the bypass actually turns off, and straight on becomes a different road (just like the M6Toll / M42 north bound junction) ! I checked on Google street view and at that particular junction the sign does not even say M1/M62/M621 turn left.

Pathetic.

As it happens I don't think it actually cost us that much time, even going I planned route would still have taken about an hour just to get to the motorway. Part of the problem is the longest bus lane I have ever seen, it seemed to go on for miles. All the traffic was crawling along in the RH lane whilst the inside lane was empty, we did not wee a bus in it for all the time we were crawling along in the only available lane ! I'm all for encouraging use of public transport but I think we need some proportionality here, the vast majority of people on that road travel by car.....

We flew into Leeds Bradford from Reus 3 weeks ago. 
My friends son picked us up, we got home to Sheffield just fine.

It was 10:30pm so the traffic wasn’t a factor but it was pretty straightforward 👍🏻

Edited by nikki-red

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Three times .😂😂😂

To be fair these were over 7 years.

Leeds Bradford airport is a pig to get to, unless you live in NW Leeds or NE Bradford......

It does not even have a dual carriageway going to it !

We do not think it is entirely coincidental that LB airport only has one hotel (the Travelodge), and technically that isn't even on the airport though I accept it is very nearby. We reckon that's because the great majority of people using LB live in Leeds, Bradford or the immediate surrounding areas (only), because, err, it's a pig to get to.

Edited by Chekhov

16 hours ago, Chekhov said:

To be fair these were over 7 years.

Leeds Bradford airport is a pig to get to, unless you live in NW Leeds or NE Bradford......

It does not even have a dual carriageway going to it !

We do not think it is entirely coincidental that LB airport only has one hotel (the Travelodge), and technically that isn't even on the airport though I accept it is very nearby. We reckon that's because the great majority of people using LB live in Leeds, Bradford or the immediate surrounding areas (only), because, err, it's a pig to get to.

There's not even a train line there, the nearest station is Horsforth. I find Birmingham Airport to be aptly located, East Midlands is also a pig to get to and it can take a while to get to Heathrow with the cross London traffic. Robin Hood airport has been neither use nor ornament from the get go, so it won't be missed.