Is It True You Need A Smart Phone To Go To The City Hall ?

Chekhov

Does anyone know if it's true that you cannot now print out tickets for the City hall, instead you have to download them to your phone and use that ?

I find that a bit hard to believe, but that may be where the world ends up, unfortunately.....

38 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Does anyone know if it's true that you cannot now print out tickets for the City hall, instead you have to download them to your phone and use that ?

I find that a bit hard to believe, but that may be where the world ends up, unfortunately.....

It doesn't surprise me.

I resent being forced down this road, and find it difficult to cope with, so some things I just can't/won't do, and have to accept the consequences.

Never mind LGBTQ, it seems pensioners and old people are the only group of people you can freely discriminate against... 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It doesn't surprise me.

I resent being forced down this road, and find it difficult to cope with, so some things I just can't/won't do, and have to accept the consequences.

Never mind LGBTQ, it seems pensioners and old people are the only group of people you can freely discriminate against... 

I know plenty of pensioners and old people who have phones, arent you tarring them all with the same brush here?

There is no "discrimination" occuring, if people are choosing not to embrace modern technology (for whatever reason: stubborness, scared of it, medical reasons) they have to accept there could be some mild inconvenience as a result of their choice. Its always been the case.

Edited by HeHasRisen

18 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I know plenty of pensioners and old people who have phones, arent you tarring them all with the same brush here?

There is no "discrimination" occuring, if people are choosing not to embrace modern technology (for whatever reason: stubborness, scared of it, medical reasons) they have to accept there could be some mild inconvenience as a result of their choice. Its always been the case.

Private companies are free to choose the terms of their trading, but not government departments or any business that is subsidised to any extent by the public purse. All of their services should be available to anyone regardless of what technology they can afford or indeed want.

I thought the City Hall was operated by SIV, or SCT, or whoever they call themselves these days (and I have had dealings with their upper management before and have no respect for them) are in receipt of public monies.

But you are also forgetting about people who may have had their phone stolen, or lost, or just broken. Are they suddenly to be denied service everywhere ?

55 minutes ago, scottf said:

No, you can print them and use them, i did on my last visit and im pretty sure that alot of the older people who use the hall won't have smartphones.

Thanks, it seemed a but hard to believe !

Edited by Chekhov

Just now, Chekhov said:

Private companies are free to choose the terms of their trading, but not government departments or any business that is subsidised to any extent by the public purse. All of their services should be available to anyone regardless of what technology they can afford or indeed want.

I thought SIV, or SCT, or whoever they call themselves these days (and I have had dealings with their upper management before and have no respect for them) are in receipt of public monies.

But you are also forgetting about people who may have had their phone stolen, or lost, or just broken. Are they suddenly to be denied service everywhere ?

Someone above has literally said you can take a printout of the ticket, who is being denied anything? 

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Someone above has literally said you can take a printout of the ticket, who is being denied anything? 

Nobody thank Goodness, but the general principle I stated still holds water :

Private companies are free to choose the terms of their trading, but not government departments or any business that is subsidised to any extent by the public purse. All of their services should be available to anyone regardless of what technology they can afford or indeed want.

43 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It doesn't surprise me.

When they say go on line my blood boils ,I know many people do not have clue how to use a computer or smart phone , even Dr's surgery's are at it .

3 minutes ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

When they say go on line my blood boils ,I know many people do not have clue how to use a computer or smart phone , even Dr's surgery's are at it .

Of course they are, but my surgery still lets you drop a repeat in at the front desk, or ring up for an appointment, whats the issue with making multiple options available?

• Haha 1