Is It True You Need A Smart Phone To Go To The City Hall ?

Chekhov

Guest makapaka
19 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Horse crap it's reducing freedoms.   I can browse a range of products, choose from a range of prices and suppliers in countries all over the world.  I can communicate at the click of a button almost for free with people all over the planet. I can have some face-to-face contact with family members whenever I feel like it despite them living thousands of miles away. I can have lively debates with strangers on a multitude of topics on forums just like this one.  I can become engaged in media, entertainment, performance and arts from independent unknown performers throwing out their content on video platforms or social media.  I can learn and research and become informed from a range of sources in different jurisdictions..... 

you’ve only really picked out the positive lad there tho havent you?

8 minutes ago, makapaka said:

you’ve only really picked out the positive lad there tho havent you?

Both modern times and "eeee lad, t'olden days" have negatives and positives though, dont they? Some people on here act as if nothing at all was wrong with things were decades ago.

Imagine that first lockdown but in 1980 rather than 2020. Would have been a very very lonely time for many more people in 1980 than it was in 2020

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Both modern times and "eeee lad, t'olden days" have negatives and positives though, dont they?

Imagine that first lockdown but in 1980 rather than 2020. Would have been a very very lonely time for many more people in 1980 than it was in 2020

Would that lockdown have even happened without the modern technology though - I highly doubt it.

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Would that lockdown have even happened without the modern technology though - I highly doubt it.

Surely it must have had to.  Even in 1918 they attempted measures, although it interfered with the war effort

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-52564371

Edited by HeHasRisen

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...