Heater On The Bus Today

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

Well if it's a bus to Rotherham and handjobs they're probably brother and sister 

I once dropped a £1 coin in Rotherham,

I had to kick it all the way back to Sheffield before I dare pick it up.......

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, redruby said:

I maintain, if you think it’s healthier sitting in a crowded, enclosed, unventilated space for a short bus journey rather opening a window then you are indeed a dumbo. Or a nesh, feeble wimp.  I mean for heaven’s sake, you’ll already be wearing outdoor clothing.  We don’t get many ‘arctic blizzards’ in this country and no one is going to get hypothermia.  But they will very likely catch colds, flu, Covid etc from inconsiderate twerps who snivel away and bang windows shut that are literally streaming with condensation.

In summer of course, not such a issue but there some ‘fragrant’ people around.

Got to agree

35 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

I used to call them names for falling for it.

But it's unproductive. They are simply victims of abuse. They were lied to, emotionally abused and were also the victims of coercive control.

Dont be too hard on them. It's not all their fault.

Besides, they'll all be dead soon and us Pure Bloods will reign supreme

My lord . I do worry about pure bloods ruling the world . A little fellow from Austria had that dream . 

Why do certain people get their knickers in such a knot about avoiding Covid?  This isn’t even specifically about Covid. It’s the simple fact that refusing to have open windows on a crowded bus is part time for bugs and viruses of all kinds -colds, flu etc.  Wearing a mask is no substitute for fresh air. 

I seriously wonder if there are some people that enjoy catching colds.

I’m just pleased I can avoid travelling on overcrowded buses most of the time.  And guess what, I haven’t caught a cold etc since then. Not a coincidence I don’t think.

• Like 1

Oh, and all that bunkum about catching bugs being good for the immune system.  Opening a window on public transport won’t damage the health of the nation believe me.  But not doing so will certainly have workplaces with staff underperforming because they feel rubbish or off sick, and believe it or not there are some people with medical conditions that could become very ill if they catch these bugs (not necessarily from travelling on a bus themselves but via their friends and family that have).

I’m well aware we can’t and shouldn’t wrap ourselves up in cotton wool to avoid every winter bug.  But there’s also no sense in encouraging unhealthy environments. These wimps that prefer sitting on a crowded bus with closed windows because they can’t deal with a chilly breeze need to change their butchers.

Edited by redruby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, redruby said:

Why do certain people get their knickers in such a knot about avoiding Covid?  This isn’t even specifically about Covid. It’s the simple fact that refusing to have open windows on a crowded bus is part time for bugs and viruses of all kinds -colds, flu etc.  Wearing a mask is no substitute for fresh air. 

I seriously wonder if there are some people that enjoy catching colds.

I’m just pleased I can avoid travelling on overcrowded buses most of the time.  And guess what, I haven’t caught a cold etc since then. Not a coincidence I don’t think.

Why would you avoid catching a cold?

It's good for the immune system