Heater On The Bus Today

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

Translation........

I'll get you for this Butler.

Southerners pronounce bas instead of bus and barth instead of bath and as in this case they pronounce batler instead of butler,  I hope you don't give Flapper elocution lessons.  :hihi:

• Thanks 1

To those that like sitting on a crowded bus in winter with the windows all shut, condensation running everywhere and people snivelling and sneezing because ‘it’s good for the immune system’, I have a question.  Do you not bother to wash your hands after going for a number two?  Because it’s good your immune system? And presumably everyone else’s whose 💩 enhanced hands you come into with? 

Again, I don’t advocate living in sterile bubble but a bit of common sense and consideration for others is order from some I think.

• Like 1

you don't see many cars driving down the street with windows open in the midst of winter for good reason, it's thoroughly unpleasant to have a 30mph gust of cold air in your face. They have heating to demist the windows.

Some single deckers appear to have zero cabin heating in winter, drivers leave the doors open at stops to make the journey even more miserable, passenger comfort doesn't appear to be a concern. The last thing you want is a window open when it's below zero outside.

Edited by fools

2 hours ago, fools said:

you don't see many cars driving down the street with windows open in the midst of winter for good reason, it's thoroughly unpleasant to have a 30mph gust of cold air in your face. They have heating to demist the windows.

Some single deckers appear to have zero cabin heating in winter, drivers leave the doors open at stops to make the journey even more miserable, passenger comfort doesn't appear to be a concern. The last thing you want is a window open when it's below zero outside.

I always drive with windows down. Can’t beat the breeze.

It’s a completely and utterly different kettle of fish travelling by car with window down:

- you’re either on your own or with a a small number of passengers who you most probably live with or come into contact with regularly anyway

- a personal car will likely be freezing when you start it up in winter because it’s not been in constant use.  Unlike a bus which will at least have been driven from the depot and maybe several times up and down it’s route with the heating on and accumulated body heat from passengers 

If you would prefer several days of feeling rotten with a winter virus because you’re too nesh to cope with an open window on a bus then I hope you get what you want.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, redruby said:

If you would prefer several days of feeling rotten with a winter virus because you’re too nesh to cope with an open window on a bus then I hope you get what you want.

wishing ill on someone for daring to have a different opinion, nice.

You should travel by car then, perhaps hackey will give you a lift.

I've sat on many a cold bus, which has been running all day, most unpleasant. They've got these big gaping doors at the front in case you hadn't noticed.

Edited by fools