Heater On The Bus Today

17 hours ago, redruby said:

Well, not much has changed since last year.  There are STILL buses with heaters on in summer.  A friend asked the driver to turn it off  and he said ‘it has to stay on as it helps the engine’.  Apparently the engine overheats going uphill otherwise.  Never mind the overheating passengers 🥵🔥

Would you rather be cooler and the bus breakdown due to overheating halfway through your journey or just not turn up at all? There are buses that need it to stop it overheating, I think it's the newer streetlite buses. 

In general though the driver has no control over the heaters on the bus other than the ones in the cab.

2 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Would you rather be cooler and the bus breakdown due to overheating halfway through your journey or just not turn up at all? There are buses that need it to stop it overheating, I think it's the newer streetlite buses. 

In general though the driver has no control over the heaters on the bus other than the ones in the cab.

No, not really but there were some people that felt like it was so hot they were going to pass out., with all the heaters on full blast, on a packed full bus on a hot day.  There seem to have been a lot of bus breakdowns recently anyway.  No one would buy a car where you had to put heater on full blast on summer to stop the engine overheating.

38 minutes ago, redruby said:

No, not really but there were some people that felt like it was so hot they were going to pass out., with all the heaters on full blast, on a packed full bus on a hot day.  There seem to have been a lot of bus breakdowns recently anyway.  No one would buy a car where you had to put heater on full blast on summer to stop the engine overheating.

Unfortunately buses are different. It only seems like the newer ones that are like that but even older ones are only blowing whatever air is outside, so if it's very warm they won't get cool air and the driver has no control over that, even the engineers turning the hot tap off at the back will still blow warm air in on a hot day.

24 minutes ago, northernboy said:

I bet someone still stood up and shut the window!

Yeah an old lady in a winter coat

She took forever to get on the bus but had the athleticism to get up and slam a window closed while the bus was in motion 

She took forever to get on the bus but had the athleticism to get up and slam a window closed while the bus was in motion 

• Like 1

I’d go as far as to saying anyone ever CLOSING a bus window is a dumbo.  Who cares even if it’s a bit cold in winter,  Better than the distinctive bus smell of BO and kebab and breathing in germs from the snotty sniffers and coughed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, redruby said:

I’d go as far as to saying anyone ever CLOSING a bus window is a dumbo.  Who cares even if it’s a bit cold in winter,  Better than the distinctive bus smell of BO and kebab and breathing in germs from the snotty sniffers and coughed.

You must travel in some weird areas. Some of us don't like sitting on a freezing cold bus, and I personally have rarely, if ever, travelled  on a bus and noticed BO and kebab smells. If you're that bothered about  germs -  wear a mask. 😀

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I personally have rarely, if ever, travelled  on a bus and noticed BO and kebab smells.  😀

You've obviously never traveled on a night bus

If you had then you could probably add vomit, football chants and handjobs to that list  👍

Edited by Jack Grey