'Shuttle Bus'

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well if you have listened to the bleating on this forum going back years the old Freebee going was a disaster....

Don't think I was on here in FreeBee days, but it can imagine some of the comments. 😀

21 hours ago, LovePotion said:

though some First bus services are run on behalf of the council, such as early morning services from Stocksbridge. This is called tendering but only accounts for a small number of services. The majority of bus services are fully commercial and independent.

The tendered services are commissioned by the Mayoral Combined Authority, not the council. 

The council will have some input, but the MCA are the fund holders, so they issue the contracts. 

2 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

The tendered services are commissioned by the Mayoral Combined Authority, not the council. 

The council will have some input, but the MCA are the fund holders, so they issue the contracts. 

So long as they were the fund-holders at the point the contracts were signed, otherwise it would have been the P.T.E. - no?

3 hours ago, LovePotion said:

It's a shame it won't be running in to the grounds of the railway station, as that is where most of the market will be. 

Where exactly in the “grounds” of the station do you think it could go?

I rather doubt that the station operators are going to displace the taxi rank and waiting area, as the taxi drivers pay them for permits to use these facilities, which provides them a tidy income.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

So long as they were the fund-holders at the point the contracts were signed, otherwise it would have been the P.T.E. - no?

Yes the PTE always ran the tendered services, as they are the passenger transport authority but the  PTE is essentially a part of the MCA. 

4 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

I rather doubt that the station operators are going to displace the taxi rank and waiting area, as the taxi drivers pay them for permits to use these facilities, which provides them a tidy income.

You won't get a sane answer to  that question - the poster is not the brightest of flames.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

You won't get a sane answer to  that question - the poster is not the brightest of flames.

I would wager the difference in meters from Platform 1 to the Howard pub is roughly the same as the distance from Platform 1 to the current car pick up and drop off area.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Yes the PTE always ran the tendered services, as they are the passenger transport authority but the  PTE is essentially a part of the MCA. 

It is now a part of the MCA - a waste of money, but that is for another topic - but it wasn't always.

Just now, Man in Crete said:

Anyone know the capacity of these “ buses”? Are they electric cos green eco Marxists will be cross! If not will they have to pay for caz when that comes in?

If, as I suspect, they are the mini-buses in the operators web-site, I'm guessing 16 seats/ maybe 20 and I doubt they are electric - can't tell from the picture.

10 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Anyone know the capacity of these “ buses”? Are they electric cos green eco Marxists will be cross! If not will they have to pay for caz when that comes in?

Surely all brand new buses are Euro 6 Diesel compliant at the very least, and the buses to be used for this service will be (I think) brand new  So no, no charge for entering the zone (which they wont be doing anyway during service as the entire route is within the proposed zone - its only a charge to enter the zone, not use it, there is a slight difference)

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1