'Shuttle Bus'

Guest busdriver1
4 hours ago, LovePotion said:

There are bus services which miss most of the city out, such as the X78 and X5, but these are omitted. 

They will be served in the bus station and tram passengers have a choice of places to board. 

5 hours ago, LovePotion said:

But why tram tickets inclusive but not X78/X5 tickets?!

Unless I have totally misread the details, nowhere does it say X5/X78 tickets are excluded:-

'Sheffield Connect will be free to ride if you have a valid senior, disabled, or Zoom travel pass. And you can ride for free if you have a bus, tram or train ticket which bought within South Yorkshire that’s valid on the day you travel. If you don’t have a pass or a valid travel ticket, you’ll pay a simple £1 flat fare for a single journey'

The above is a direct quote copied and pasted from the TSY site.

Edited by RollingJ

On 25/07/2022 at 15:57, LovePotion said:

I did chuckle at the "will provide free or low cost travel" statement! I guess they still can't decide whether to fully subsidise it or not. Sheffield station does definitely need a bus service that runs to and from the actual premises of the station to the shops, bus station etc, but I feel that is a project for Network Rail and First to work on, not Sheffield City Council.

A bus that only operates in the city centre will not work, as the city centre is dead! The shops on Fargate are all closed down and I don't have much hope for the shipping cotainer business, crappy, undercooked pizzas from Urban Pizza Co will not entice people in to the city centre.

I would rather the council spent my tax money on improving ameneties in the city centre, such as having dedicated public toilets, fixing vandalised telephone boxes and working with TSY to improve the seating at bus stops.

It worked with City Clipper?? What is this term, 'telephone boxes' and 'seating at bus stops' Who the hell uses telephone boxes these days, let alone bus stop seating?

Another diversionary tactic.😀 Phone boxes are almost non-existent - they were costing BT too much to repair after constant vandalism, and because of the very low usage were not economical anyway. Can't see what they have to do with the 'Sheffield Connect' service, either.

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Actually amazed the figure of 7% for those who "regularly" use a phone box is that high. Although that may be lower now as the stat may be a few years old.

Should we keep phone boxes for the sake of 7% of people? Probably not.

Edited by RollingJ

Just now, LovePotion said:

There are phone boxes at both of my local shops. 

BT actual boxes? If so, you must live in a really, really upmarket area - even here in the leafy SW of Sheffield the one box in a very wide area spends most of its time out of commission.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I think the shuttle bus is a good idea.

Why?

I shall reserve judgment until I have had a trip on it, as I am not convinced it on a suitable route, especially at certain tight turns/junctions. Will see when I do it, but know at least one junction which (in its current configuration), will not accommodate the 9.8/10.1M buses Fox/Coppard say they will be using,