'Shuttle Bus'

Well, we shall see, but we've all seen how much notice the SYPTE/SYCMA/SCC take of surveys/resident surveys if they don't fit their preconceived plans.

However, this does not mean they are not going to have to either (a) spend a lot of money changing at least one junction, or (b) forget the 10M buses.

No further comment from me though, until I have tried it personally.

On 31/07/2022 at 21:07, RollingJ said:

There is certainly a big question over its current route if, as claimed in the press blurb issued by Coppard/Fox, they intend to eventually use 9.8/10.1m buses on it

Hah! The City Clipper used articulated buses much longer than those lengths.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Hah! The City Clipper used articulated buses much longer than those lengths.

It did - although I don't think it went down Surrey Street, and even if it did, our wonderful council have considerably widened the footpath area (and thus narrowed the road),  since then.

1 minute ago, LovePotion said:

The bus they are using is a van type minibus, it could easily pull in to the drop off zone at Sheffield Station. 

I know they are using a mini-bus - the only type they can on the current route - but the route would have to be massively amended for that to be feasible.

2 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

It runs from the Interchange, so either before or after it pulls in to the Interchange, it can run to Cross Turner Street and turn around in the drop off point . It would not be too difficult and might actually attract customers (it has always been empty when it's passed me).

It runs from B3 in the interchange - doesn't go anywhere near Cross Turner Street - have a look at the route map.

1 minute ago, LovePotion said:

I have walked, yes. The Interchange is not accessible to private vehicles, such as cars.

Via that route, though? I sincerely doubt it. And I am well aware that the Interchange is 'authorised vehicles only'.