Dangerous Driving Conviction

On 30/07/2022 at 07:55, cgksheff said:

Regardless of your individual experience, my post is not wrong.

It is possible to escape the "automatic ban".

"Where "special reasons" are found for not disqualifying the court must endorse the driver's licence with 3-11 penalty points unless there are, again, "special reasons" for not doing so"

Crown Prosecution Service:

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/road-traffic-charging

I was convicted in 2007 and the judge stated she didn’t want to disqualify me as it would mean a retest and I was a HGV driver at the time. After an adjournment she came back and said unfortunately she had to disqualify me and that meant an automatic retest Now I don’t know if the rules were different back then but I am going to get in touch with my solicitor to look into it because the judge said at the time that under the fear that we was about to get shot I did some dangerous driving to get away from the scene and the  judge said she felt it was due to my previous criminal record that the police decided to charge me instead of taking into consideration the fear and duress we was under and the fact that the guy who had threatened to shoot us was on bail for a shooting outside a nightclub in Huddersfield at the time of the incident. I have not been out clubbing ever since that incident as I don’t fancy being in a similar situation again.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I forgot all about this thread... Not sure where the rest of it has gone 🤔

@SFBeca Has this thread been pruned? No worries if it has, I'm just confused  where the other posts are🙏

Anyhow, the magistrate sent it to Crown court for trial next year. 

Hopefully any sentence ( if guilty) will be proportionate and the judge won't wake up in a bad mood and want to make an example.

This one silly mistake could cost a young lad dear.

Edit. My bad. The "missing posts" aren't missing. I posted on another forum about the actual incident. This thread was just to ask about possible outcomes👍

Edited by The_DADDY

On 31/07/2022 at 09:27, geared said:

I'd love to know what constitutes 'Furious Driving'

It must be defined somewhere but not here:

“Whosoever, having the charge of any carriage or vehicle, shall by wanton or furious driving or racing, or other wilful misconduct, or by wilful neglect, do or cause to be done any bodily harm to any person whatsoever, shall be guilty of a misdemeanour, and being convicted thereof shall be liable, at the discretion of the court, to be imprisoned for any term not exceeding two years”

s.35 of The Offences Against The Person Act 1861

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

I forgot all about this thread... Not sure where the rest of it has gone 🤔

@SFBeca Has this thread been pruned? No worries if it has, I'm just confused  where the other posts are🙏

Hi just looked through - nothing removed from my end! Oops sorry just re-read the edit :)