Skegness Beach Car Park Toilets Only Payable By A 40p Contactless Payment

41 minutes ago, West 77 said:

From Saturday there is an alternative to Skegness beach in the form of Newark town centre beach.  The council toilets are only 20p  and the staff turn a blind eye to more than one person having access to the facilities for that amount.  No contactless  payments nonsense just good old fashioned English coins.  Car park about £3 for a day or free if you know where to park.  Also Newark has a marina which is something that Skegness doesn't have.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/beach-coming-newark-nottinghamshire-bid-7292683

Behave yourself

Guest sibon
2 hours ago, Thorpist said:

What is the option for a party of children on a school trip?

They always have a door that can be opened, that can be used to allow access for groups..

I guess that it would be relatively easy to organise a toilet break. But, as others have noted, other toilet providers are available.

Personally, I’m much more likely to have a contactless card with me than 2x 20p pieces.

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, Zinger549 said:

Just read an article that says that the toilets are run by Danfo in partnership with the council.

You really shouldn’t be reading articles about the bogs in Skeggy😁

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Both of those reviews likely from people who have cards and were cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

Showing a bit of bias there ?

Why do you want people to be forced to use contactless payment to use the soddin' toilet ? I do not understand it. You might be happy to do so but the fact is those people, and many (most ? ) others, do not like having their options for a loo visit narrowed even if they might have a card.

I have a debit card but it is not contactless. I can remember when the bank first sent it to me and I took the trouble to phone them (not that you can any more, they've shut the branch...) asking them who would be responsible for any losses if the card was lost or pinched. They said that "so long as the loss was not through negligence the bank would stand the loss". I asked who would decide if it was negligence, and they said "we would". I said remove the contactless function thanks very much.

Now, apparently, I am being forced to accept any risk with a contactless card if I want to use the public toilets in Skegness.

It's BS.

3 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Plus, in reality how many people would be compelled to write a complimentary review about a car park toilet?

I would imagine most people would only bother if they wanted to complain.

Not sure what point you're making there.

Most people only bother to write  review if they feel strongly (or they're getting paid or bribed to do so......).

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hang on. So these are not public toilets, but a private toilet operated by a private sector company?

Oh dear, Chekhov!

31 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Just read an article that says that the toilets are run by Danfo in partnership with the council.

Exactly, they are owned by East Lindsey District Council who pay Danfo to run them. 

All policy as regards the toilets, or the parking come to that, will be dictated by the council.

Edited by Chekhov

Guest sibon
15 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I have a debit card but it is not contactless. I can remember when the bank first sent it to me and I took the trouble to phone them (not that you can any more, they've shut the branch...) asking them who would be responsible for any losses if the card was lost or pinched. They said that "so long as the loss was not through negligence the bank would stand the loss". I asked who would decide if it was negligence, and they said "we would". I said remove the contactless function thanks very much.

That’s not very PROPORTIONATE..

The risk of fraud from having a contactless card is very small. The convenience of having one is huge, especially if you need a convenience. You should do some calculations about it.

Edited by sibon