Nowt Left In The Coffers Say Scc

i have heard SCC have nowt left to spend,so nothing political what happens now ? up the rates or reduce services,i had one idea all parks work with SCC and raise there funds towards the cost of events,that would save money,but thats only a few grand ,what else?

Council tax can only be  increased a certain percentage every year by law, without a referendum, and in this cost of living climate nobody in their right mind would agree to it. In any case people dont realise council tax is a relatively small percentage of funding, most of it is central government.

Your suggestion wouldnt scratch the surface, but I have seen people on local FB groups moan about lack of toilets in parks, well I am sorry if the council havent a pot to do the proverbial in what are they expecting?

23 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i have heard SCC have nowt left to spend,so nothing political what happens now ? up the rates or reduce services,i had one idea all parks work with SCC and raise there funds towards the cost of events,that would save money,but thats only a few grand ,what else?

Have they wasted it all on the stupid plant pots around crookes  and walkley?

Edited by ukdobby

38 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

I watched the Finance Committee last week, and the potential deficit is c£20million. So, no, a few planters are not the issue. 

I guess services will be cut further. Less care hours provided to adults & children. Other contracts will be reviewed and cut where they can. There'll be less Council officers so less people to do as much work. 

I know the Government have changed the funding for Adult Care & I don't know if that is part of the reason for the overspend. 

38 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

1) Those schemes that you're referring to are funded directly from Government for that particular use. The council don't pay for them and can't use the money differently.

2) You wouldn't believe how much money the council would save on road maintenance if we had fewer people driving on our roads in ever-larger vehicles (one passenger at a time).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AndrewC said:

1) Those schemes that you're referring to are funded directly from Government for that particular use. The council don't pay for them and can't use the money differently.

2) You wouldn't believe how much money the council would save on road maintenance if we had fewer people driving on our roads in ever-larger vehicles (one passenger at a time).

We’ll they make the car travel further to get to one’s home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

We’ll they make the car travel further to get to one’s home.

For those who continue to drive it might do, just barely. For many it's incentive to start leaving the car at home for journeys where the car really isn't essential.

Anyway, if you don't agree on point 2), just keep re-reading point 1). In answer to your question:

50 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

No. No they have not.

How did they manage years ago when they had a large workforce and provided facilities such as public toilets.

We used to have the Sheffield Show, Lord Mayors Parade etc.

Why are they wasting money blocking off streets and putting big concrete blocks around town ?

Edited by harvey19
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

How did they manage years ago when they had a large workforce and provided facilities such as public toilets.

We used to have the Sheffield Show, Lord Mayors Parade etc.

a) there werent as many old people who needed social care

b) central government funding was higher.

Essentially as simple as that.   The "blocking the streets" bit has already been explained above and is a red herring (I agree its needless though)

Edited by HeHasRisen