Nowt Left In The Coffers Say Scc

On 10/08/2022 at 14:34, Anna B said:

Because I'm not exactly sure of how it's going to work. I believe the committees are made up of all parties according to percentage of votes, (I'm assuming a bit like PR.) which I think is a good idea, and hopefully will break the coterie of less than 10  people who make all the decisions on everything.

However there are one or two dubious clauses which might be used to screw things up.

Our council is famous for infighting and taking their ball home if they don't get their own way, at the expense of the good people of Sheffield. Let's hope they behave themselves and work together for the betterment of the city. Heaven knows we're going to need it.

I'm hoping that the Committee system will help reach consensus on difficult issues. We're going to need it! £20m already predicted to be in deficit and we still have winter pressures to work through for Adult Social Care. 

On 10/08/2022 at 11:59, hackey lad said:

Good that you can defend this Council whenever They waste our money. Good that you can defend them no matter what 

What exactly have the Council wasted their money now? Or is this that you don't agree with what the Council decides to spend it's money on? A lot of the unpopular initiaitives (the Pinstone Street closure, the planters in Crookes and Nether Edge) have been funded from pots of Government money.

13 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

If Sheffield's coffers are empty, won't it be a bit embarrassing if we are awarded the Eurovision finals next year after being included in the short list?

How will it be financed?

Hmmm... :huh:

It'll be fine...

... plans are already in place to install a couple more shipping containers on Fargate! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
On 12/08/2022 at 10:16, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

It'll be fine...

... plans are already in place to install a couple more shipping containers on Fargate! :thumbsup:

I saw them yesterday ,Its as though the lunatics have been let of an  asylum and told to pretend they are architects and town planners , These people in charge have ruined another prime spot in the City centre