Nowt Left In The Coffers Say Scc

12 hours ago, sheffandy said:

Nothing left you say? Maybe they shouldn't have lobbed so much money painting rainbows allover the roads at hundreds of pounds a throw.  

Yes, definitely. Painting rainbows has certainly cost millions of pounds! 🤣🤪

On 20/09/2022 at 17:48, bassett one said:

we all or most have to live by our income,we can borrow but that makes the income less,so we need to take stock,sell any useless assetts,like building land,cut cost and get back on a even keel ,do we need housing offices all over sheffield? we must have land to sell,but that does not mean wasting any income,possibly a change is needed say the lib/dems for a few years,theres loads of areas to save cash,they spend lots on events,why not work with the park groups ,let them bid for cash and save money there? thats just one of many ideas to look at.

The last Housing Committee I watched, the Lib Dem representative suggested outsourcing the repairs function again. Immediately, there are TUPE costs, and a duplicated management and governance structure. As well as the years of tendering and procurement and getting the new provider in place. The repairs service was bought back in house for a reason. Outsourcing is always suggested as a bit of a sticking plaster, IMHO. 

The Council is already selling off surplus stock, check the auction listings regularly and you'll see the properties being offered for sale. Also, this is a 'one-off' sale, so how does this help generate revenue? I was a Council tenant in the late 90's, and the number of housing offices has massively reduced in number since then. 

At the end of the day, between right to buy, Government mandates to reduce the yearly inflationary rental increases, as well as people not paying their rent, there is less and less money to spend on housing management. Yes, Parks groups are brilliant but it needs people with the time and energy to commit to that. 

i honestly believe theres to many staff on the council and i would bring all housing to the city centre as most of the offices are closed on the estates anyway,plus some work from home.if its about property they could pick a certain day or person for that and that would save cash.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

How much have they spent on the plant pots blocking the roads around Walkley and Crookes?it's crying out for one way systems up and down the road.

The money for those schemes is government grants. They can’t spend it on anything else.

One ways just speed up traffic, which is the opposite of what they are trying to achieve.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

Show them me.

All 50? I dont have time for that. Its certainly been answered many, many times though and then that usually shuts people up moaning about it, very odd.

Anyway it seems you have amnesia....

On 02/08/2022 at 13:49, AndrewC said:

1) Those schemes that you're referring to are funded directly from Government for that particular use.

You already asked on Page 1, and you were answered ^^^ 🤣🤣

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1