Nowt Left In The Coffers Say Scc

15 minutes ago, ads36 said:

it's worth remembering that absolutely none of this is related to the state of the Council finances.

Early on in the thread I suggested that our MPs could approach government ministers to recommend alternatives funding if one form was not appropriate to a specific area of the country.

The debate is about the "plant pot" scheme and whether it is a good use of money or whether the grant could be diverted to other areas of need.

Whilst Planner and myself debate the viability of the scheme I fully appreciate they are under constraints at the moment how the grant money has to be used.

17 minutes ago, ads36 said:

it's worth remembering that absolutely none of this is related to the state of the Council finances.

We could discuss the containers at the top of Fargate and their value for money, but there is already a thread about that.

Edited by harvey19

a bus lane or any restriction reduces road capacity, which reduces the throughput of a road, and the junction or traffic light at the end of it, when that deliberately badly timed traffic light eventually turns to green.

cycling lobby have now turned up, with their magic 'gears' (what a revelation, if only the public knew about gears), helmetcams, and authoritarian stance. Dear cyclists, your stuff, your food, your life depends on the combustion engine.

just saying things are proven doesn't make it so, surveys are done to justify a position, there is nothing stopping people walking about, that's ludicrous.

a search for ltn's doesn't find much support outside the people pushing them, perhaps they should represent the public instead of grabbing at any pot of money available to push some lefty agenda.

Edited by fools

24 minutes ago, ads36 said:

No no no. No no. They spent the whole budget on rainbow pedestrian crossings, planters for the middle of roads, and will 100% defo start to include cars in the Clean Air Zone, people on here sed so.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

It seems that Mr Risen is fast developing an ambition of becoming a SCC fanboy...

... and we should all encourage ambition, no matter how deluded it may be! :thumbsup:

As I said, nothing in post 206 is a lie.

I just like to bring, you know, actual facts into the discussion. 

Edited by HeHasRisen