The Daily Grumble Thread

What's annoyed you today?  What do you want to have a bit of a moan about?

Today I want to moan about the following:

Marks & Spencer: Your t-shirts are rubbish now.  I've bought the same basic black v-neck t-shirts for ages.  Over the years the fabric has become thinner and thinner and the fit is... random.  And the same for your joggers, which are also now rubbish.  And why do you put a giant wedge of cucumber on your otherwise most excellent wraps so I have to pick it out and even then it still tastes of the evil stuff?

Sloggi:  Your pants are expensive rubbish now.  Thinner fabric, and reduced seam allowance so the fabric comes away from the elastic after a few washes,

Adobe: You are greedy and your subscription model kicked me over to Affinity.

Affinity:  Why have I got roughly 308 different layers now?  Do you add them when I'm not looking?  Do you shuffle them about while I'm getting my lunch?

Until tomorrow then.

What's annoyed ME today?

The numerous wazzocks on the tech support boards I spend a lot of my free time on, who post a query and either then immediately log out, or fail to respond to replies, and come back a week or so later with the same question.

Just now, The_DADDY said:

What's annoyed me today?

Well, I logged in and some negative Nancy started a grumble thread.

:hihi:

Big gold star for the hair trigger grumble:

hahaha go to it Hecate we need threads like this to voice our grumbles - my grumble is the low Premium Bond win is only £25,  it used to be £50 but the powers that be have hoped we'd forgotten about it.

Edited by cressida
put are not our

Guest sibon

Nothing.

Nothing has annoyed me today. From my granola with fresh raspberries this morning, to the lovely glass of red that I’m currently halfway through. Everything has been a pleasure.

My pants fit perfectly. Amazon delivered on time. A host of attentive assistants massaged my feet with honey.

And I’ve learned loads about the bogs in Lincolnshire.

Bring on tomorrow.

Edited by sibon

1 hour ago, cressida said:

hahaha go to it Hecate we need threads like this to voice our grumbles - my grumble is the low Premium Bond win is only £25,  it used to be £50 but the powers that be have hoped we'd forgotten about it.

AND the brainless fools who run it tried to do away with the cheques being sent out by post until public opinion made them relent (just before I was about to take my money out in protest

AND I've not won a £25 (or any other amount) for years!

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

What's annoyed ME today?

The numerous wazzocks on the tech support boards I spend a lot of my free time on, who post a query and either then immediately log out, or fail to respond to replies, and come back a week or so later with the same question.

Probably been scared off by blokes telling them to JFGI or to reformat their hard drives to fix a sticky keyboard.  On a related note, the inevitable 'just turn off hardware acceleration' reply actually worked for me yesterday.  The new install of Affinity Photo was crashing within a few clicks until I unticked the tick box.  I was astounded.  Yes, I need a new graphics card.

1 hour ago, cressida said:

❤️

51 minutes ago, sibon said:

Nothing.

Nothing has annoyed me today. From my granola with fresh raspberries this morning, to the lovely glass of red that I’m currently halfway through. Everything has been a pleasure.

My pants fit perfectly. Amazon delivered on time. A host of attentive assistants massaged my feet with honey.

And I’ve learned loads about the bogs in Lincolnshire.

Bring on tomorrow.

You are admirably sanguine, inordinately fortunate, or recreationally medicated.  Possibly all three.  I have a small envy.  I've been oscillating between low-grade irritation and incandescent outrage since at least 2016.