The Daily Grumble Thread

Meanwhile, back on topic....

Why is it so hard to phone people and speak to a real person these days?

First of all it's almost impossible to find a phone number - websites give you all sorts of useless information, but no phone number. Even the 'contact us' button usually just leads to a AI message/ chat bot. 

Some problems are just too complicated to describe in a few words so you go round in circles. If I see another 'Ihave all sorts of information that can help you, but can you write your request in different words so I can help you?.' I shall scream....

And if you're lucky enough to find a number, how long does it take to answer a call? My record is 1 hour 10minutes, but 'my call is important to them,'  so why don't they have more people manning the phones? 

Then there's the general shuffle from department to department and back again only to be finally cut off...  So you start all over again...

It really isn't good enough. You can spend an hour or more on the computer and phone getting absolutely nowhere, and that's just for something fairly simple if unusual, never mind getting to speak to a real person who can help. 

And don't get me started on Call centres... 

It's about time firms and companies put some of their profits into real customer help rather than giving it to shareholders, or they might find they have no customers left which I sometimes think is what they want, (customers are just such a nuisance) Eventually the customer just gives up.

What happened to real customer service?

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Ruddy milk cartons! 

Can someone just invent one that doesn't splatter everywhere when you try and pour a full one into your brew!!

If you didn’t use Oat milk, you wouldn’t have that problem. You wokeys are all the same😁

Our Cow Molly do milk in bottles, with foil caps.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

If you didn’t use Oat milk, you wouldn’t have that problem. You wokeys are all the same😁

Our Cow Molly do milk in bottles, with foil caps.

Yes get it from your milkman, fresh on your doorstep and in glass bottles

I had a coffee in Marks and Spencers new refurbished cafe in Newcastle yesterday. You can only order food and drinks on a big screen just like McDonald's, and you have to pay by card, it's become a cashless cafe. Fine I can except that, it's not as though I go there very often.
When the waitress brought my coffee in a small cup without a saucer that is now classed as a large coffee, it was lukewarm and just over half full.  A friend I was with took the coffee back and asked them to fill the cups. There was another lady who also complained about her coffee being cold. What a poor set up, I expected better from Marks.

Edited by hauxwell