The Daily Grumble Thread

4 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I thought that you were in favour of people being paid properly.

I am, but not a fan of being ripped off.

What I thought was an individual trader was actually a link to an agency. So how much of that the workman would actually get is debatable. 

Where are all the one man businesses, especially ones that live locally?

55 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I am, but not a fan of being ripped off.

What I thought was an individual trader was actually a link to an agency. So how much of that the workman would actually get is debatable. 

Where are all the one man businesses, especially ones that live locally?

after this one man business has paid for a van, and insurance, and fuel, and advertising, and tools, and tax, and downtime, how much of the £80 do you think is left to feed the family - it may be his only job of the day.

Changing a washer, and isolating the water, is sometimes straightforward, sometimes not, which is probably why he wanted a photo of the tap beforehand, to be prepared.

Edited by fools
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Padders said:

10 minute job Anna...

Did mine myself,

New Tap washer from B&Q, took the old one to make sure I got the right one.

Switch of water supply and fix it, Easy.

I know. I would have done it myself but I'm having trouble with one arm at the moment, waiting for an op.  Can't even change a lightbulb at the moment.

I bought a packet of mixed size washers for a pound. One of them fitted perfectly.

A friend kindly did it for me, but I don't like to put on people.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Palomar said:

If you can't wire a plug, change a tap washer, repair a flush, change a washing machine seal, put up a bracket etc., then you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself

Why don't You,  Padders,, and Flapper start your  own buisness and call it, Flapper, Bodgit and Patch it. PLC.  :hihi:

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Stephen Hawking couldn’t do any of them . 

I shall have to dig him up and give him a slap then

5 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Why don't You,  Padders,, and Flapper start your  own buisness and call it, Flapper, Bodgit and Patch it. PLC.  :hihi:

Because I'd be too embarrassed taking easy money off people who (disability aside) can't do simple jobs. What would the Women Of Steel have done!

2 hours ago, Palomar said:

If you can't wire a plug, change a tap washer, repair a flush, change a washing machine seal, put up a bracket etc., then you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself

Can you do it with one arm?

As you get older you get all sorts of physical problems; lose dexterity, balance, strength etc.

Back in the 80s during the last cost of living crisis there was a system called 'Stones.'

Does anybody remember it?