The Daily Grumble Thread

Just now, Palomar said:

I shall have to dig him up and give him a slap then

Because I'd be too embarrassed taking easy money off people who (disability aside) can't do simple jobs. What would the Women Of Steel have done!

Don't charge, a pot of tea and a couple of slices of bread and drippin for You and Padders and a handful of Bird seed for Flapper should be OK.  It'll get the three  of you out of the house and Cage for the day.  :hihi:

14 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Don't charge, a pot of tea and a couple of slices of bread and drippin for You and Padders and a handful of Bird seed for Flapper should be OK.  It'll get the three  of you out of the house and Cage for the day.  :hihi:

Do be quiet Mr. P.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

Can you do it with one arm?

As you get older you get all sorts of physical problems; lose dexterity, balance, strength etc.

Back in the 80s during the last cost of living crisis there was a system called 'Stones.'

Does anybody remember it?

Much preferred Waaarrrrdddds myself!

8 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Much preferred Waaarrrrdddds myself!

Mmm...

I think 'stones' referred to little pebbles used to represent coins as a cashless payment system.

It would still be quite a good idea in this cost of living crisis.

On 12/05/2023 at 17:18, Anna B said:

Couldn't agree with you more. 

I've recently gone through a very similar experience, and when your emotions are raw, it matters.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss, too.

Most companies have been sympathetic and efficient, though ultimately I'm really only concerned about the latter.

Having had a bit of a think about it, I think 'brusque' was the wrong word to describe Sheffield City Council; they were more... extremely efficient, shall we say: here's a paper form, fill that in, week later here's a letter (with neither greeting nor closure) saying x amount has been paid into your bank account.  And so it had.  Job done quickly and without fuss.

Anyhow, moving on.

My grumble for today is the increasingly **** quality of previously reliable purchases.  Not only the absolute state of the flimsy fabric now used for M&S t-shirts and joggers, not to mention the random fit and state of the seam allowances, but stuff like grip seal food bags, that are now as thin as a soap bubble and just as likely to burst.

And Whiskas: your cat fud pouches are now 15g lighter, more expensive, and apparently taste like dung, if my cats' response to the new boxes is anything to go by.

7 hours ago, Hecate said:

I bought some coffee on Saturday that claimed to have notes of chocolate, caramel and biscuit.  It did not :mad: .

Interesting post - maybe notes were misheard - or ears bunged up by the daily stuff we all are exposed to on a dialy basis in this congested world - smoke, smoge, and .....

I've just spent an entirely pointless afternoon running round in circles trying to contact Sheffield City Council and Santander bank trying to sort out a couple of issues. What a complete and utter waste of time. Why do they say 'contact us' then feed you to a useless robot. What happened to the good old telephone and a bit of genuine customer service. I need to talk to a human being, preferably one that has some intelligence and knows how to do things without passing me round all the wrong departments. 

Now in a filthy mood, stuffing myself with chocolate cake.  And I'll have to start all over again tomorrow.... 🤬

• Like 2