The Daily Grumble Thread

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I've just spent an entirely pointless afternoon running round in circles trying to contact Sheffield City Council and Santander bank trying to sort out a couple of issues. What a complete and utter waste of time. Why do they say 'contact us' then feed you to a useless robot. What happened to the good old telephone and a bit of genuine customer service. I need to talk to a human being, preferably one that has some intelligence and knows how to do things without passing me round all the wrong departments. 

Now in a filthy mood, stuffing myself with chocolate cake.  And I'll have to start all over again tomorrow.... 🤬

I can understand your frustrations Anna,

Happens to me all the time, it can affect your mental health, sometimes I think I'm going daft (I'm not honestly)

I've often thought of becoming a recluse and sod everyone...

Thank goodness for Chocolate cake...

25 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I've just spent an entirely pointless afternoon running round in circles trying to contact Sheffield City Council and Santander bank trying to sort out a couple of issues. What a complete and utter waste of time. Why do they say 'contact us' then feed you to a useless robot. What happened to the good old telephone and a bit of genuine customer service. I need to talk to a human being, preferably one that has some intelligence and knows how to do things without passing me round all the wrong departments. 

Now in a filthy mood, stuffing myself with chocolate cake.  And I'll have to start all over again tomorrow.... 🤬

I fully sympathise with you.

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

I can understand your frustrations Anna,

Happens to me all the time, it can affect your mental health, sometimes I think I'm going daft (I'm not honestly)

I've often thought of becoming a recluse and sod everyone...

Thank goodness for Chocolate cake...

Its that flippin Flapper whats sending you daft.  :hihi:

51 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I'm right there with you. Let me tell you a tale in broad strokes:

Me: closed an account.

Company: why has this bill not been paid?  Pay us now or face our wrath.

Me [on phone]: the account is closed with all due attention paid to account closure procedures.

Company: oh, so it has.  And would you look at that, we actually owe you money!  We'll send you a cheque.

Me: right,  Here're the new details.  Make sure you use these details.

Company: No problem!

Later...

Me [on on phone]: You sent a cheque in a format that can't be paid into any bank account, made payable to the wrong person and you sent it to the wrong address.

Company: Oh.  We'll try again.

The cheque does not arrive.

Me [on phone]: repeat as above.

Me [by email]: repeats above at length. 

Me [on phone]: repeats above at length.

Company: Oh that shouldn't have happened.  We shouldn't have sent a cheque because you haven't done x.

Me: You didn't tell me I needed to do x.

Company: Well you do.

Me: What about the replacement cheques you sent that never arrived?

Company: We cancelled them before they were put in the mail because you hadn't done x, and we didn't inform you.  Lol.

Me: 

Company: Please don't write to the Guardian money expert. (I made that bit up).

Edited by Guest

51 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I'm right there with you. Let me tell you a tale in broad strokes:

Me: closed an account.

Company: why has this bill not been paid?  Pay us now or face our wrath.

Me [on phone]: the account is closed with all due attention paid to account closure procedures.

Company: oh, so it has.  And would you look at that, we actually owe you money!  We'll send you a cheque.

Me: right,  Here're the new details.  Make sure you use these details.

Company: No problem!

Later...

Me [on on phone]: You sent a cheque in a format that can't be paid into any bank account, made payable to the wrong person and you sent it to the wrong address.

Company: Oh.  We'll try again.

Me [on phone]: repeat as above.

Me [by email]: repeats above at length. 

Me [on phone]: repeats above at length.

Company: Oh that shouldn't have happened.  We shouldn't have sent a cheque because you haven't done x.

Me: You didn't tell me I needed to do x.

Company: Well you do.

Me: What about the replacement cheques you sent that never arrived?

Company: We cancelled them before they were put in the mail because you hadn't done x, and we didn't inform you.  Lol.

Me: 

Company: Please don't write to the Guardian money expert. (I made that bit up).

Invoice them for the outstanding money. Give them 28 days to pay.

Then use the small claims court if they don’t.  You can do that online, it’s easy.

You could tell them your intentions when you send the invoice.

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

You could be right there Mr. Presley,

It's either Flapper or Mr. Bloke....

Mmmm, Mr Bloke and Flapper  together in Padders Bar,  it  would make Lee Marvin and Oliver Reed look like  a couple of  Librarians.  :hihi:

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Mmmm, Mr Bloke and Flapper  together in Padders Bar,  it  would make Lee Marvin and Oliver Reed look like  a couple of  Librarians.  :hihi:

Hmmm... :huh:

Good evening Elvis...

... not working down the chip shop tonight then? :roll:

• Haha 1