The Daily Grumble Thread

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Good evening Elvis...

... not working down the chip shop tonight then? :roll:

Working down the Chip Shop!  No not tonight but its  funny you should say that because  Im just finishing my version of the  old classic,  PJ Proby's, THERE'S  A PLAICE FOR US.  :hihi:

9 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Invoice them for the outstanding money. Give them 28 days to pay.

Then use the small claims court if they don’t.  You can do that online, it’s easy.

You could tell them your intentions when you send the invoice.

Thank you.  It's theoretically sorted, entirely reasonably if not satisfactorily.  Your post deserves a response, and I'm sure you're on tenterhooks, so I'll send you a PM to avoid littering this thread further with my tedious personal detritus.

On 22/05/2023 at 22:09, Thirsty Relic said:

Interesting post - maybe notes were misheard - or ears bunged up by the daily stuff we all are exposed to on a dialy basis in this congested world - smoke, smoge, and .....

Apart from the taste of slightly weedy coffee, there was only the one note and that was the note to self stating not to buy it again.

Two minutes of summer weather and something's bitten my back!  I don't know what form of flappy flying ****er did the deed, but the bugger had teeth.  I have a bloody great welt on my shoulder blade surrounded by a circle of inflammation and it really, really hurts!  I'm now reeking of TCP, stuffed full of antihistamines and massively ****** off.  Roll on November.

16 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Two minutes of summer weather and something's bitten my back!  I don't know what form of flappy flying ****er did the deed, but the bugger had teeth.  I have a bloody great welt on my shoulder blade surrounded by a circle of inflammation and it really, really hurts!  I'm now reeking of TCP, stuffed full of antihistamines and massively ****** off.  Roll on November.

Food chains are important. You should celebrate the festival of invertebrates that has just been unleashed.

Without them we’d all have to live on sand.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Hecate said:

A minute pirate bug perhaps. Nasty things.

Good to know I'm not the only person around who still uses TCP.  (Oops! that's a praise, not a grumble.)

ETA: just thought of a grumble: Have you seen the price of a bottle of TCP these days? Outrageous!

Edited by horribleblob

17 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Food chains are important. You should celebrate the festival of invertebrates that has just been unleashed.

Without them we’d all have to live on sand.

I will celebrate them with a festival of lights when I find their hive AND BURN THE ****ERS TO THE GROUND.

(My back hurts). 

15 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

A minute pirate bug perhaps. Nasty things.

Good to know I'm not the only person around who still uses TCP.  (Oops! that's a praise, not a grumble.)

Do they have teeth and talons?  Because this thing did.

TCP is meant to have a bit of an anaesthetic effect, but much more of this and I'm switching to vodka, and I don't mean a topical application,

53 minutes ago, Hecate said:

This sounds like a classic case of being attacked by the British Gerroffomee Wasp.

These are really evil pesky insects.

They fly around in their "Jobsworth" high viz jackets, and then sneak up behind you, and then ZAP!

38 minutes ago, Padders said:

This sounds like a classic case of being attacked by the British Gerroffomee Wasp.

They fly around in their "Jobsworth" high viz jackets, and then sneak up behind you, and then ZAP!

Didn't hear a buzz though.  Might have been a stealth wasp :suspect: .

39 minutes ago, Padders said:

Hmmm... :huh:

You could be right, Mr Padders!

To help identify if it is indeed one of the notorious gang of British Gerroffomee Wasps (locally known as Gerry), here's a cctv picture of their ringleader.

1ssfx00.gif

If you feel threatened by Gerry, the public have been advised not to panic, but to go out onto the street and to shout "BREXIT" at the top of your voice.

Gerry will immediately realise that you are no danger to him and so will leave you alone and go and annoy someone else. :hihi:

• Haha 1