The Daily Grumble Thread

On 03/08/2022 at 18:48, Hecate said:

Now this I can relate to.

In fact, this will be my moan of the day:

Xbox Lego games: I love you, Xbox Lego games, but why are your flying and driving controls so rubbish?  I've been trying for years - literally for years - to complete the Lego Dimensions Fantastic Beasts and Wizard of Oz levels, but there are these timed flying and driving mini games that are impossible.  I completed one of them once - proper damp palms and thudding heart stuff - only to find that it didn't count because I didn't complete it in the required time!   ****ers!  And I'm still one mini game away from getting 100% on Bully, and I've been trying to complete that ******* ill-ported thing since 2008.  Admittedly I only pick up the controller every 18 months or so, but still.

Looking forward to Hogwarts Legacy though, and that's not even Lego!

I’m finally having a pop at 76 hoping that the bugs have been fixed. My lad has just bought the Lego complete skywalker saga and is indulging in a nostalgia binge 👍🤣

7 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I had to do that a few months ago.  I understand the need to minimise losses as a seller - there are a few chancers out there - but in this case it turned out to be a delaying tactic. 

I sent them the photos, then a reminder, then a message saying they needed to respond by this date or I'd hand it over to Ebay.  They didn't so I did. Ebay sorted it by sending the prepaid return label the seller should have sent, and issuing the refund.

Thanks for that,  I know what to do next,  I wasn't aware Ebay could send the prepaid label.

8 minutes ago, Jim117 said:

I’m finally having a pop at 76 hoping that the bugs have been fixed. My lad has just bought the Lego complete skywalker saga and is indulging in a nostalgia binge 👍🤣

I haven't bought that one yet.  It's on the list but it can wait as I'm not a massive Star Wars fan.

TT changed the feel of the games, I think, from quite small and quirky to big, glossy and somehow removed from the intimacy of it all around the time they went big with the Marvel franchise; a definite emphasis on fast-paced set pieces.  Still funny, and very playable for occasional gamers like me, but they've lost a bit of their charm.  The Harry Potter and the Indiana Jones ones are excellent.

1 hour ago, kay1 said:

My grumble is lack of checkout tills open at Tesco Savile St. only 2 open  trolleys backed up down  store . 30 min.plus waiting time to get to checkout. 

That is annoying,  I wish Aldi would have a checkout till for Baskets only,  you get several items and then have stand a que of full deep trollies. :gag:

5 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

That is annoying,  I wish Aldi would have a checkout till for Baskets only,  you get several items and then have stand a que of full deep trollies. :gag:

To be fair, at the speed Aldi cashiers lob groceries at you, I don't think wait times are that much longer compared to a handbasket only till at a regular supermarket. 

Even more so if its a Coop and some Doris is waffling on with the cashier about her grandkids and the weather for half an hour whilst they slowly bag up their loaf of bread and milk...

• 5 months later...

Tesco's at Abbeydale Road wasn't any quicker on Monday last.  Only four tills open and the one I was at,  the assistant was doing a fair impression of a sloth!  2 supervisors at their checking station just standing there oblivious to the fact that at least 6 people were waiting at each checkout with full trollies. Gormless articles!

I get the shopping home and find that the biscuits I have always bought at the same price for ages have INCREASED in price and DECREASED in the number of biscuits in the pack too!

3 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

Tesco's at Abbeydale Road wasn't any quicker on Monday last.  Only four tills open and the one I was at,  the assistant was doing a fair impression of a sloth!  2 supervisors at their checking station just standing there oblivious to the fact that at least 6 people were waiting at each checkout with full trollies. Gormless articles!

I get the shopping home and find that the biscuits I have always bought at the same price for ages have INCREASED in price and DECREASED in the number of biscuits in the pack too!

My bold. 

Would that be the older woman who's a dead ringer for the Mrs Overall character, created by Victoria Wood & is just as fast? 😊

• Haha 1