The Daily Grumble Thread

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Because they are accused of having toxic masculinity.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Because they are accused of having toxic masculinity.

Well,  big generalisation, then again it should be easier to find ones who don't try to be too macho,  I think it's the ones who overdo it which puts some women off.  

On 02/08/2022 at 23:07, bassett one said:

seeing our event toilets gone up from £600 for 24 hours to £1,200 because these companys cannot get staff,madness

I fail to see why doubling the price will help recruit staff. This seems to be a common but useless excuse for random price rises across the board.

I very much doubt any of the staff will see much change.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I fail to see why doubling the price will help recruit staff. This seems to be a common but useless excuse for random price rises across the board.

I very much doubt any of the staff will see much change.

Because as the toilet-&-staff provider, you need more money from the organiser to give you leeway to pay more than competitors (also looking for staff) for guaranteeing staffing level on day X.

The UK has huge staffing shortages, particularly in the catering and events sector.

It’s not exclusive to the UK either. Restaurants here in Lux routinely under-book at weekends for the exact same reason. Even though NMW is nearly €26k pa.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's grumble:  Had passport photos done today.  I look like one of those ghost women that crawl out of the TV and kill you if you watch a cursed video tape.  Put glasses back on.  Still looked like a phantom serial killer, but a short-sighted one. Fantastic :rolleyes: .

2 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Today's grumble:  Had passport photos done today.  I look like one of those ghost women that crawl out of the TV and kill you if you watch a cursed video tape.  Put glasses back on.  Still looked like a phantom serial killer, but a short-sighted one. Fantastic :rolleyes: .

My kinda girl...

43 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Haha! Lucky you.

My passport photo makes me look like a member of one of those dysfunctional bank robbery gangs from a late 50s/early 60s comedy/drama film – the slow-thinking, ex-pugilist with a heart of gold but who loves his mam.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

Haha! Lucky you.

My passport photo makes me look like a member of one of those dysfunctional bank robbery gangs from a late 50s/early 60s comedy/drama film – the slow-thinking, ex-pugilist with a heart of gold but who loves his mam.

Mine looks like a handsome, lithe, athletic, intelligent young heart throb.

I bought it in a pub in Neepsend.