Free Gas And Electric ! for some.

12 minutes ago, sibon said:

It isn’t a worldwide problem though. It is a western problem,  caused by feckless politicians and flawed energy policies.

The French have it sorted, at least for now. We could too. There is no justification for the profits we are seeing in the energy industry at the moment. They aren’t acceptable and won’t be accepted.

Either governments act, or people will. Can’t pay, won’t pay is an old slogan which is about to be repurposed.

👆 This.

You know sommert, I don't want to depress you but I have to say I'm really beginning to like you 👍

19 minutes ago, sibon said:

It isn’t a worldwide problem though. It is a western problem,  caused by feckless politicians and flawed energy policies.

The French have it sorted, at least for now. We could too.

.... Riots in Sri Lanka, inflation 60%+, Zimbabwe 130%

Moving everything into public ownership and onto general taxation is hardly a solution, it just obfuscates the problem. Half the French reactors are shutdown, so they are having to buy electricity from us.

Edited by fools

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, fools said:

.... Riots in Sri Lanka, inflation 60%+

Moving everything into public ownership and onto general taxation is hardly a solution, it just obfuscates the problem. Half the French reactors are shutdown, so they are having to buy electricity from us.

There is no need to move anything into public ownership. Although I think that would be a fine idea.

Let’s just  tell the big energy companies to stop the rip off. 

That’s all that is needed . It is a rip off. a seven year old could see that.

If not, people will die because of the rip off. This winter.

I notice that you have only offered excuses for the rip off, no solutions.

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, fools said:

You've only offered year 10 politics.

Not so.

What is your solution. Plenty of folk can’t pay these bills.

What is the answer? 

Pay rises all round? Bit of a Mick Lynch fan?

Edited by sibon

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, fools said:

This is like a child asking their dad why they can't have an xbox for xmas. You want some father xmas come and magic away all life's problems.

No. I want to know how people can pay astronomical bills, without increased wages, whilst some companies make billions.

I say tax them mercilessly and give it back to the consumers. Or support a campaign of civil disobedience.

What do you say?

Edited by sibon

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

I’m a bit off topic but it was on the news today that France is to scrap the TV licence.  It was part of Macron’s election promise.  

Now I wonder if our Government might do the same?  

They should but I doubt they will.

I've not had one in almost 30 years so it makes no difference to me personally.