Where Are They Now? the park yobs?

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

That may be so but it does NOT alter the truth that respect for law and order has diminished alarmingly and it DID NOT used to be like that.

Like when they had to bring in flying police squads to deal with gangs running the streets eh? In the good ol days?

bizarre statement that apparently this started 60 years ago and is the youth of todays fault…

Edited by makapaka

34 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Like when they had to bring in flying police squads to deal with gangs running the streets eh? In the good ol days?

bizarre statement that apparently this started 60 years ago and is the youth of todays fault…

You keep repeating this statement and I have no idea why because it just did not happen!

Maybe you are thinking of the Mooney gang and their rivals who's name I can't remember at the moment but that was back in the Great Depression era so you should brush up on your history.

Your second line, i have already answered. No one said that the vandalism of the mid 60's  was the fault of todays youth.

What HAS been said is that vandalism is still rife today, and that obviously, is the fault of today's youth.

49 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Yes, I have been using Graves Park since the 1940's and I used to be a Park Keeper there in the 1960's and knew every inch of it and yes, I do still use it sometimes.

The difference between you and I is that I remember when it was a beautiful park with a lovely clean boating lake ( I even fell in it and so did my mate) and 100 yard queues to use it.

It was all clean and well cared for with lovely flower displays all around and there was no litter whatsoever.

the Rose garden was immaculate and I never saw one rat whilst I worked there.  You obviously never experienced the park when it was like that so your ignorance can be excused.

I too remember when it was a beautiful park - yesterday when I walked round it. There were lovely flower displays, cared for cricket pitches, resurfaced tennis courts, bowling, pitch and putt, health trails, the expanding arboretum, anti flood improvements around the Little Norton La entrance, the hope of archaeological surveys especially around the possible bell-barrow, and parrots! It's true people do ignore the signs not to throw bread on the pond edge and sometimes rats multiply but it’s not a sign of societal breakdown. Perhaps it could do with a park attendant to shout, 'No bread!' and 'get oorf the grass!' 

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

You keep repeating this statement and I have no idea why because it just did not happen!

Maybe you are thinking of the Mooney gang and their rivals who's name I can't remember at the moment but that was back in the Great Depression era so you should brush up on your history.

Your second line, i have already answered. No one said that the vandalism of the mid 60's  was the fault of todays youth.

What HAS been said is that vandalism is still rife today, and that obviously, is the fault of today's youth.

The point I’m making is that you are painting a picture that issues didn’t arise in the past and now it has taken a down turn.

Half the 40s were taken up by a world war.

maybe the 50s were a golden era.

by the 60s apparently they were already smashin the place up according to you.

what have the current youth done to destroy graves park - last time I went I didn’t see much.

there’s a public toilet near the entrance that was immaculate when I went in and to be fair I was expecting the worst.

It might be a bit more run down than you remember but it’s not the youths fault.