On 31/01/2023 at 12:06, Fiat500 said:

Still following the thread, Cuttsie, even though haven't been on for a while. I think, last time I was on I mentioned my husband was going for his PSA test (September). The result was high. He had another test in December and it had lowered again. They think it was due to him having a cold virus and URI.  Will be thinking about you going through radiology zapping. I went through 33 days worth in 2003 and I am still here to prove it is worth while. As we live in West Yorkshire mine was at Cookridge Hospital, Leeds/Bradford. The daily travel took it's toll but the bacon butties in the cafe after the zap was worth it. Mine was the head area so I was pinned to a table with a tight fitting mask. The mask had the tattoos on it.  To all out there, never fear treatment it can save your life. To you Cuttsie, as others have said, keep positive, keep fighting it. Good Luck. Going to get my husband to sign up so he can follow this and reply himself.

I had similar radiotherapy as you,30, but I stayed in hospital because I had to have 2 a day for 5 days. They then let me home for the weekend to come round and then back in hospital for another 5 days. This was in Weston park hospital Sheffield.

• Like 1

On 20/08/2022 at 15:20, hubworker said:

No worries Leo, glad to be of help.

I called in to see you once again today , you informed me that people with cancer are some times finding  it hard to obtain travel insurance for holidays. etc . 

Has any one on these pages any input on that please .

By the way every one if you need any help or info then the  Hub stall is in the Moor Market will be glad to give you advice. Any time .

Can not believe its eight months ago that I First spoke to the lady on this stall , 

Get tested lads and lasses you know it makes sense 

Edited by cuttsie

The last quote I had about 3 years ago was £3020. It did include other things I had to. A friend of mine gave me an insurer who wanted £360 for a single trip but if anything happened to you while you were on the trip it would cost you another £600. The only problem is I have forgotten the name of the insurance company.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

The last quote I had about 3 years ago was £3020. It did include other things I had to. A friend of mine gave me an insurer who wanted £360 for a single trip but if anything happened to you while you were on the trip it would cost you another £600. The only problem is I have forgotten the name of the insurance company.

Well it looks as though holiday insurance for many sufferers is out so it may be a case of risk it without or stay at home .

On 10/02/2023 at 19:13, cuttsie said:

I called in to see you once again today , you informed me that people with cancer are some times finding  it hard to obtain travel insurance for holidays. etc . 

Has any one on these pages any input on that please .

By the way every one if you need any help or info then the  Hub stall is in the Moor Market will be glad to give you advice. Any time .

Can not believe its eight months ago that I First spoke to the lady on this stall , 

Get tested lads and lasses you know it makes sense 

Hi Cuttsie, Thank you for posting this. It does seem that insurance costs are very high. I will do some research myself and if I find anything reasonable I will post it on here. 

Thank you for calling into the hub again. Please pop by anytime. The same goes for anyone else on here. The hub is opposite Grace's fabrics in the market and close to the council's Welcome hub.

• Like 1

We had some bad news a month or so ago. My 85 year old Mum was diagnosed with Leukemia. She's too old and not healthy enough (other health issues) to have any kind of chemotherapy, so the Doctors and Nurses have her in the Hallamshire at the moment and are working out the best way she can keep on top of it, and hopefully a decent quality of life. She's a fighter, that just leaves the rest of us to step up and help where we can.

I read threads like this and it just hits home how strong people with serious illnesses can be.

• Like 2

Can I ask, has anyone visited the Cavendish Cancer Care Centre on Wilkinson St? I have untreatable lung cancer and wondered if I might benefit from talking to someone there. I've basically been left to get on with it for now. My problem is that with my other problems as well I just don't know when I should be worried about a particular symptom/pain.