On 14/02/2023 at 12:32, Minimo said:

Can I ask, has anyone visited the Cavendish Cancer Care Centre on Wilkinson St? I have untreatable lung cancer and wondered if I might benefit from talking to someone there. I've basically been left to get on with it for now. My problem is that with my other problems as well I just don't know when I should be worried about a particular symptom/pain.

Hi Minimo, if you give Cavendish a ring on 0114 278 4600 someone will be able to advise you what help they can offer.  The website address is https://cavcare.org.uk/  . You can also self refer for any of the therapies they offer. The hub, where I work is part of Cavendish but also separate. We are there to give advice about cancer screening; signpost people who have cancer (or friends and relatives) to other agencies ;  give out relevant  information or to just sit and  have a chat.

I would also recommend ringing the MacMillan helpline (0808 808 00 00) as they may be able to give advice re particular symptoms/pain you have.

I hope this helps. Please pop  and see us at the hub anytime.

Edited by hubworker
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, hubworker said:

Hi Minimo, if you give Cavendish a ring on 0114 278 4600 someone will be able to advise you what help they can offer.  The website address is https://cavcare.org.uk/  . You can also self refer for any of the therapies they offer. The hub, where I work is part of Cavendish but also separate. We are there to give advice about cancer screening; signpost people who have cancer (or friends and relatives) to other agencies ;  give out relevant  information or to just sit and  have a chat.

I would also recommend ringing the MacMillan helpline (0808 808 00 00) as they may be able to give advice re particular symptoms/pain you have.

I hope this helps. Please pop  and see us at the hub anytime.

Thank you for all those details. I will have to wait till the weather warms up a bit before venturing out, but I will make an appointment. I'm not too good on the phone so speaking with someone face to face is better. 

• Like 1

On 15/02/2023 at 09:09, Kidorry said:

I have never had any symptoms with my lung cancer that I could feel. If you could go or get someone to go to Weston park hospital, in the waiting area there are lots of information books there.

My Grandad was under the care up at WPH right up to his death in August 1997, they were excellent.