I've never smoked, and never will, although there is a family history of Cancer on both sides of my family, it'll be 20 years in May since we lost Auntie Mal, Dad's sister to smoking related illness.

And 25 years last August ago we lost my maternal Grandad to Cancer, he was a Pipe smoker most of his adult life.

Edited by XPertByExperien
More detail.

15 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

I've never smoked, and never will, although there is a family history of Cancer on both sides of my family, it'll be 20 years in May since we lost Auntie Mal, Dad's sister to smoking related illness.

And 25 years last August ago we lost my maternal Grandad to Cancer, he was a Pipe smoker most of his adult life.

Daft  habit int it 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kidorry said:

It is no surprise that so many of us oldies smoked because you saw it in films and it was advertised everywhere you went. I smoked  up to 1998, about 30 a day, but that was not the cause of my lung cancer.

It was actually advertised as being good for you 

Well it was zapping day eight to day and what a couple of days its been weather wise , I set off two hours early for my 11 am appointment due to around 6 or 7 inch of snow on Penistone Road north , I should not have bothered as my 18 year old Freelander skipped through the snow storm like a spring kitten while all around other newer and more shiny vehicles were left abandoned and swore at. 

Any way when I arrived at Western Park I more or less had the car park to my self , in fact it was the first time I had been able to park at the hospital its self  , So good old Betsy you did me proud today and yesterday .

The Zapping ward was almost empty when I  Arrived so the radiographer told me to start drinking my three cups of water straight away and forty five minutes later I was on the space machine , no wind or poo blocked the rays so in just 10 mins Was getting dressed  and on  the way home .

The effects of the treatment are now becoming more obvious . The toilet visits more frequent I counted six times last night for instance so tiredness is a bit of a problem as well as the no two end of things that has become a little loose to say the least , although I am still having to take suppositories to make sure that that end of things is as empty as possible for when the zapping starts , I take wind tablets to get rid of gasses as they can interrupt the proceeding so its a case of letting those farts go and not bothering who is in the firing line , 

Should have had a revue today but left it till next week as the ward is short of staff due to weather, My team had all got in to work some of em had walked for miles . none of that looking out of the window and making a bit of snow a excuse for a day off for them their dedication is unbelievable , A big thank you from me and all others who end up in their Wonderfull care .

So  in summarising  for this week , I feel a little crap (in more ways than one) but when I look around that place I realise my old sodin prostate is just a drop in the ocean at the side of many who attend Western Park/

Get tested lads and lasses , insist on it ,   a finger up the bum or a breast squeeze can save your life .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Well it was zapping day eight to day and what a couple of days its been weather wise , I set off two hours early for my 11 am appointment due to around 6 or 7 inch of snow on Penistone Road north , I should not have bothered as my 18 year old Freelander skipped through the snow storm like a spring kitten while all around other newer and more shiny vehicles were left abandoned and swore at. 

Any way when I arrived at Western Park I more or less had the car park to my self , in fact it was the first time I had been able to park at the hospital its self  , So good old Betsy you did me proud today and yesterday .

The Zapping ward was almost empty when I  Arrived so the radiographer told me to start drinking my three cups of water straight away and forty five minutes later I was on the space machine , no wind or poo blocked the rays so in just 10 mins Was getting dressed  and on  the way home .

The effects of the treatment are now becoming more obvious . The toilet visits more frequent I counted six times last night for instance so tiredness is a bit of a problem as well as the no two end of things that has become a little loose to say the least , although I am still having to take suppositories to make sure that that end of things is as empty as possible for when the zapping starts , I take wind tablets to get rid of gasses as they can interrupt the proceeding so its a case of letting those farts go and not bothering who is in the firing line , 

Should have had a revue today but left it till next week as the ward is short of staff due to weather, My team had all got in to work some of em had walked for miles . none of that looking out of the window and making a bit of snow a excuse for a day off for them their dedication is unbelievable , A big thank you from me and all others who end up in their Wonderfull care .

So  in summarising  for this week , I feel a little crap (in more ways than one) but when I look around that place I realise my old sodin prostate is just a drop in the ocean at the side of many who attend Western Park/

Get tested lads and lasses , insist on it ,   a finger up the bum or a breast squeeze can save your life .

That doing fine Cuttsie, keep it up pal.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

Keep going Cuttsie the problems now will be worth it in the end.

23 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

Keep going Cuttsie the problems now will be worth it in the end.

Hope so Kidorry ,who knows where the road may lead us .