Well its been a funny old week ,  Travel to Western Park has been a bit of a problem in early week followed by  body changes  due to the Zapping , These changes have inc bad diarroea that have meant many visits to toilet , Added to this I have had blood discharge from the rectum causing concern , The radiologist advised me to stop taking the suppository treatment due this , The peeing situation has got much worse  some times only minutes between toilet visits , The bog has been my citadel this week .

Night time is the worse time , the urge to pee gets more frequent  being the problem  , when you actually get there now't happens just a burning sensation in the old Pecker ,

I have had a revue today seen my x ray pictures got a good look at the soddin prostate ,  The Dr told me that the  radiologist has been having trouble getting spot on due to my wind retention so to keep taking the Windeezi tablets well before treatment .

So what with one thing and another its been a trying week , but a week less towards the last 7 sessions to come .

Is it worth it at my age has gone through my mind but those wonderful people at Western Park soon put you right on that one , 

Any way as said I started this thread so as to give and receive info ,not for sympathy or any thing like that, 

Its grim reading about arses , bladders , penises , bood, ****e and pissss .

I hope it helps others who may be entering the treatment .

Get tested lads and lasses (As many lasses are on the same treatment as us men on the ward ) You knowit makes sense .

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Well its been a funny old week ,  Travel to Western Park has been a bit of a problem in early week followed by  body changes  due to the Zapping , These changes have inc bad diarroea that have meant many visits to toilet , Added to this I have had blood discharge from the rectum causing concern , The radiologist advised me to stop taking the suppository treatment due this , The peeing situation has got much worse  some times only minutes between toilet visits , The bog has been my citadel this week .

Night time is the worse time , the urge to pee gets more frequent  being the problem  , when you actually get there now't happens just a burning sensation in the old Pecker ,

I have had a revue today seen my x ray pictures got a good look at the soddin prostate ,  The Dr told me that the  radiologist has been having trouble getting spot on due to my wind retention so to keep taking the Windeezi tablets well before treatment .

So what with one thing and another its been a trying week , but a week less towards the last 7 sessions to come .

Is it worth it at my age has gone through my mind but those wonderful people at Western Park soon put you right on that one , 

Any way as said I started this thread so as to give and receive info ,not for sympathy or any thing like that, 

Its grim reading about arses , bladders , penises , bood, ****e and pissss .

I hope it helps others who may be entering the treatment .

Get tested lads and lasses (As many lasses are on the same treatment as us men on the ward ) You knowit makes sense .

It's not easy Cuttsie is it?  But keep calm and carry on.  

You are getting the best treatment available, and all the support of the cancer nurses and doctors who know what they're doing. There's also lots of support regarding travel arrangements should you need it, treats and counselling etc. Volunteers abound at Weston Park. All this is just as important as the treatment itself to keep your spirits up, so avail yourself of it if you need it. That's what they're there for. 

And don't forget there are an awful lot of people here on the outside who are rooting for you too, myself included, so stay positive. We are thinking of you and wishing you well.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

It's not easy Cuttsie is it?  But keep calm and carry on.  

You are getting the best treatment available, and all the support of the cancer nurses and doctors who know what they're doing. There's also lots of support regarding travel arrangements should you need it, treats and counselling etc. Volunteers abound at Weston Park. All this is just as important as the treatment itself to keep your spirits up, so avail yourself of it if you need it. That's what they're there for. 

And don't forget there are an awful lot of people here on the outside who are rooting for you too, myself included, so stay positive. We are thinking of you and wishing you well.   

Thanks Anna . Its not just about me I have met so many in the same boat in the last few weeks and many are a lot worse off than me . 

As I have said the thread is all about giving and receiving info .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Thanks Anna . Its not just about me I have met so many in the same boat in the last few weeks and many are a lot worse off than me . 

As I have said the thread is all about giving and receiving info .

Yes, and I think you're doing a grand job Cuttsie. 

Cancer is a scary mystery to a lot of people, so I'm sure your willingness to share your experience will be helping people to talk about it.   

• Like 1

It is good of everyone on here to share their experiences of cancer because a lot of people go to pieces as soon as they hear they have it, understandable, but if they read other peoples trials and tribulations I think it may ease their mind a little. It is natural to be worried but it is also essential to be positive.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

Yes, and I think you're doing a grand job Cuttsie. 

Cancer is a scary mystery to a lot of people, so I'm sure your willingness to share your experience will be helping people to talk about it.   

That means a lot , thank you .

• 2 weeks later...

Ring, ring ring goes the bell , Or to be more precise thats whats happened today.

The bell hangs in the ward waiting area and patents are encouraged to give it a good ring when the radiography treatment is completed.

Ringing does not mean you are cured , what it means is your treatment  is over for the time being and it can be up to a few months later before you can be declared free or not of cancer.

Any way I gave the bell some hammer did a little speech to the waiting room telling any one who cared to listen about the most wonderful staff and the treatment they have given me in Western Park '

The NHS can be proud of this hospital the whole experiance has made me humble and at times close to tears , The staff on L3 space machine where i have had most of my sessions have treated me like a friend, First name terms , laughs giggles and jokes  no need feel tensed up or apprehensive. with these lads and lasses around you . 

So to sum up .

Its a bit of a slog to plan your whole days around the daily treatment but that is what you must do , 

I have spent every night planning the next days visit .

Take the wind (farting) pills so as the trapped wind does not obscure the image needed to zap your prostate as the area needs to be clear so as the zapping rays can get at the little buggers that are causing all the problems.

Take the suppositories as provided and follow the directions closely , (I had to stop using mine when blood  started appearing from up the over worked and sore back passage so used a liquid alternative instead .

The results every morning have been spectualer our whole house has shook by run to the lav , my shouts and screams as the medicine did its dirty work  made  us .Laughs and roorsby the hatfull .

Now comes the waiting , The staff nurse has told me that the lav problems and tiredness will get worse  over a few weeks before they start to settle down , She says they will be in touch by phone and letter over the coming months before i am re called to see what has happened down there in my little prune like prostate .

Will I go through it again ????? who knows as at the moment i would answer no , But its not all about me or you , its about those who depend on you being around , its about keeping an eye on the tree you planted or plans you made that involves others , Its about the dogs waking you up every morning and telling you to get the hell out of that bed we need a walk . In other words its about living and appreciating this wonderful World that we all take for granted until you get a reminder that things can change in the blink of a eye;

Get tested lads and lasses if you have any doubts , you know it makes sense 

So for the time being I will sign out of this blog ,

Dont forget lads and lasses get tested , 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Ring, ring ring goes the bell , Or to be more precise thats whats happened today.

The bell hangs in the ward waiting area and patents are encouraged to give it a good ring when the radiography treatment is completed.

Ringing does not mean you are cured , what it means is your treatment  is over for the time being and it can be up to a few months later before you can be declared free or not of cancer.

Any way I gave the bell some hammer did a little speech to the waiting room telling any one who cared to listen about the most wonderful staff and the treatment they have given me in Western Park '

The NHS can be proud of this hospital the whole experiance has made me humble and at times close to tears , The staff on L3 space machine where i have had most of my sessions have treated me like a friend, First name terms , laughs giggles and jokes  no need feel tensed up or apprehensive. with these lads and lasses around you . 

So to sum up .

Its a bit of a slog to plan your whole days around the daily treatment but that is what you must do , 

I have spent every night planning the next days visit .

Take the wind (farting) pills so as the trapped wind does not obscure the image needed to zap your prostate as the area needs to be clear so as the zapping rays can get at the little buggers that are causing all the problems.

Take the suppositories as provided and follow the directions closely , (I had to stop using mine when blood  started appearing from up the over worked and sore back passage so used a liquid alternative instead .

The results every morning have been spectualer our whole house has shook by run to the lav , my shouts and screams as the medicine did its dirty work  made  us .Laughs and roorsby the hatfull .

Now comes the waiting , The staff nurse has told me that the lav problems and tiredness will get worse  over a few weeks before they start to settle down , She says they will be in touch by phone and letter over the coming months before i am re called to see what has happened down there in my little prune like prostate .

Will I go through it again ????? who knows as at the moment i would answer no , But its not all about me or you , its about those who depend on you being around , its about keeping an eye on the tree you planted or plans you made that involves others , Its about the dogs waking you up every morning and telling you to get the hell out of that bed we need a walk . In other words its about living and appreciating this wonderful World that we all take for granted until you get a reminder that things can change in the blink of a eye;

Get tested lads and lasses if you have any doubts , you know it makes sense 

So for the time being I will sign out of this blog ,

Dont forget lads and lasses get tested , 

That a ruddy Star Cuttsie.

• Like 1