18 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

When you rang the bell did it bring a lump in your throat and a tear to your eye? It is such an emotional achievement by you and all who looked after you. I hope your future is also long, healthy and happy

No Kidorry it was the opposite , I had a little dance and sing ,  hope it made the waiting room laugh a little lots need cheering up sat awaiting what ever comes next .

When I climbed the stairs though the reality struck me A month of meeting these wonderful people at Western Park was over , That brought a tear not because i would want to go through it again but realising I had been among the very best our Country can offer , A honour to have met them .

Thanks for your comments on this blog Kiddory they have been appreciated .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Ring, ring ring goes the bell , Or to be more precise thats whats happened today.

The bell hangs in the ward waiting area and patents are encouraged to give it a good ring when the radiography treatment is completed.

Ringing does not mean you are cured , what it means is your treatment  is over for the time being and it can be up to a few months later before you can be declared free or not of cancer.

Any way I gave the bell some hammer did a little speech to the waiting room telling any one who cared to listen about the most wonderful staff and the treatment they have given me in Western Park '

The NHS can be proud of this hospital the whole experiance has made me humble and at times close to tears , The staff on L3 space machine where i have had most of my sessions have treated me like a friend, First name terms , laughs giggles and jokes  no need feel tensed up or apprehensive. with these lads and lasses around you . 

So to sum up .

Its a bit of a slog to plan your whole days around the daily treatment but that is what you must do , 

I have spent every night planning the next days visit .

Take the wind (farting) pills so as the trapped wind does not obscure the image needed to zap your prostate as the area needs to be clear so as the zapping rays can get at the little buggers that are causing all the problems.

Take the suppositories as provided and follow the directions closely , (I had to stop using mine when blood  started appearing from up the over worked and sore back passage so used a liquid alternative instead .

The results every morning have been spectualer our whole house has shook by run to the lav , my shouts and screams as the medicine did its dirty work  made  us .Laughs and roorsby the hatfull .

Now comes the waiting , The staff nurse has told me that the lav problems and tiredness will get worse  over a few weeks before they start to settle down , She says they will be in touch by phone and letter over the coming months before i am re called to see what has happened down there in my little prune like prostate .

Will I go through it again ????? who knows as at the moment i would answer no , But its not all about me or you , its about those who depend on you being around , its about keeping an eye on the tree you planted or plans you made that involves others , Its about the dogs waking you up every morning and telling you to get the hell out of that bed we need a walk . In other words its about living and appreciating this wonderful World that we all take for granted until you get a reminder that things can change in the blink of a eye;

Get tested lads and lasses if you have any doubts , you know it makes sense 

So for the time being I will sign out of this blog ,

Dont forget lads and lasses get tested , 

Keep on truckin' Cuttsie.!

I too, share your appreciation of the medical staff who treated my severe heart problems, a reaction to the Pfizer jab.

When I raised the question of vaccine safety, they told me the only thing they were interested in was getting me well, and outta there!

Total common sense  professionals, at such a young age. And a shout out to the DR medical staff who treated me here!

They kept their promise to me!

Edited by trastrick

5 hours ago, trastrick said:

Keep on truckin' Cuttsie.!

I too, share your appreciation of the medical staff who treated my severe heart problems, a reaction to the Pfizer jab.

When I raised the question of vaccine safety, they told me the only thing they were interested in was getting me well, and outta there!

Total common sense  professionals, at such a young age. And a shout out to the DR medical staff who treated me here!

They kept their promise to me!

Good un Trastick , My Mrs ended up in hospital after the last jab , The report said severe reaction to covid jab , she was out of action for a month.

Sorry I'm a bit late to this discussion  but absolutely great news that you were able to ring the bell thinking of you and wishing you well going forward. ABSOLUTELY NO STIGMA ABOUT GETTING CHECKED SOMETHING WE ALL SHOULD DO FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FAMILY AND OURSELVES .

7 minutes ago, Thorne boy said:

Sorry I'm a bit late to this discussion  but absolutely great news that you were able to ring the bell thinking of you and wishing you well going forward. ABSOLUTELY NO STIGMA ABOUT GETTING CHECKED SOMETHING WE ALL SHOULD DO FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FAMILY AND OURSELVES .

Cheers buddy , I lived in Thorne once upon a time , got relations there now  , good little Town 

I think often about how I shall die and when. I find myself looking at really old people and wondering what it must feel like to know that you've reached a point where your life expectancy is measurable in minutes......

Why aren't they all running around waving their arms in the air panicking, because they surely must know that soon everything that they hold dear-Everything- will be replaced by the utter blackness of Eternity...

I get a lot of practice at thinking these things because in my life every Lump, Bump, Cough, Ache and pain is the onset of some terrible killer disease..

I catch Ebola three times a week, and back in January, having discovered a nodule of something unpleasant near my left elbow, became fully convinced I'd become the first person in human history to catch arm cancer...And a few days earlier, I had managed-just-to shake off a nasty bout of ear TB,

Of course, most of my ailments are designed so that I can lay on the sofa feeling sorry for myself, I never really thought I had cancer, so I've never really known what it must be like to stare the Grim Reaper in the face and know my time is up..

Last weekend, however, all that changed........

Now I want to make it absolutely plain before I go any further that I do not find bottoms or anything which comes out of them remotely funny...

I am not seven years old and I'm not German. But there's no way of saying what I'm about to say without being lavatorial. I'm sorry for that.

What happened, you see, is that after my usual morning's number twos, I noticed that the water in the bowl was red.. Which meant, of course, that I had, without feeling any pain, passed a small amount of blood..Plainly, I had prostate cancer...

I am aware of this disease, I know that it is the most common form of cancer among men and it is likely to strike when the victim is elderly, I even know what colour wristband you should wear to show your support..

I knew, too, that I needed urgently to check mine out..

So, armed with nothing but a well- oiled finger, I went ahead and violated what for all my life has been a strictly enforced one-way street.

I shall spare you the pain and the humiliation of this hideous potholing expedition. but I feel duty bound to explain that once I was in there, ferreting about, I realised  that I didn't know what a prostate is, or what it feels like, or where it is exactly..

It's much the same story with endless requests we get from doctors to check out our testicles for early signs of cancer....

It's ok if you've spent seven years studying medicine, but what if your a fork-lift driver....

Anyway, after a bit of research on the internet I discovered that a prostate is about the size of a walnut, and it lives near the rectum.

Eventually I did discover something in my bottom that fitted the description, but with nothing to hand except a soapy index finger, I'm afraid I wasn't able to say whether whatever I'd found was cancer, or that I was in rude good health.. The only evidence I had was the blood, and that really was enough..

I was finished. I wasn't going to last long.

I've heard that when patients are told by Doctors that their tests for cancer are positive, they very often make a joke of some sort.

Wearily, I went downstairs wondering what mine might be...Something about getting the spare room painted, perhaps..

And there in the kitchen was my Daughter. "Morning" she said cheerily,

"Have you been to the Loo yet, because that Beetroot we've been eating doesn't half make it red"

I've never felt so happy in my life.................

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Padders said:

I think often about how I shall die and when. I find myself looking at really old people and wondering what it must feel like to know that you've reached a point where your life expectancy is measurable in minutes......

Why aren't they all running around waving their arms in the air panicking, because they surely must know that soon everything that they hold dear-Everything- will be replaced by the utter blackness of Eternity...

I get a lot of practice at thinking these things because in my life every Lump, Bump, Cough, Ache and pain is the onset of some terrible killer disease..

I catch Ebola three times a week, and back in January, having discovered a nodule of something unpleasant near my left elbow, became fully convinced I'd become the first person in human history to catch arm cancer...And a few days earlier, I had managed-just-to shake off a nasty bout of ear TB,

Of course, most of my ailments are designed so that I can lay on the sofa feeling sorry for myself, I never really thought I had cancer, so I've never really known what it must be like to stare the Grim Reaper in the face and know my time is up..

Last weekend, however, all that changed........

Now I want to make it absolutely plain before I go any further that I do not find bottoms or anything which comes out of them remotely funny...

I am not seven years old and I'm not German. But there's no way of saying what I'm about to say without being lavatorial. I'm sorry for that.

What happened, you see, is that after my usual morning's number twos, I noticed that the water in the bowl was red.. Which meant, of course, that I had, without feeling any pain, passed a small amount of blood..Plainly, I had prostate cancer...

I am aware of this disease, I know that it is the most common form of cancer among men and it is likely to strike when the victim is elderly, I even know what colour wristband you should wear to show your support..

I knew, too, that I needed urgently to check mine out..

So, armed with nothing but a well- oiled finger, I went ahead and violated what for all my life has been a strictly enforced one-way street.

I shall spare you the pain and the humiliation of this hideous potholing expedition. but I feel duty bound to explain that once I was in there, ferreting about, I realised  that I didn't know what a prostate is, or what it feels like, or where it is exactly..

It's much the same story with endless requests we get from doctors to check out our testicles for early signs of cancer....

It's ok if you've spent seven years studying medicine, but what if your a fork-lift driver....

Anyway, after a bit of research on the internet I discovered that a prostate is about the size of a walnut, and it lives near the rectum.

Eventually I did discover something in my bottom that fitted the description, but with nothing to hand except a soapy index finger, I'm afraid I wasn't able to say whether whatever I'd found was cancer, or that I was in rude good health.. The only evidence I had was the blood, and that really was enough..

I was finished. I wasn't going to last long.

I've heard that when patients are told by Doctors that their tests for cancer are positive, they very often make a joke of some sort.

Wearily, I went downstairs wondering what mine might be...Something about getting the spare room painted, perhaps..

And there in the kitchen was my Daughter. "Morning" she said cheerily,

"Have you been to the Loo yet, because that Beetroot we've been eating doesn't half make it red"

I've never felt so happy in my life.................

Very good  😀 . Now enlighten me about Germans and bottoms.