4 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Just come across this thread....Good Luck Cuttsie ...sending you best wishes ...keep positive mate  

I am Sheri , Mine is no where near as serious as others on here , Zakes has got  it really bad as well as a  a couple of others .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So it was a  trip to the Hallamshire urology dept today to meet up with my cancer nurse .

As usual she was the  ultimate professional  , her advice and care is beyond belief  .(12 hour shift as well ).  

She injected me in the  belly opposite  side to last time  ,  did not feel a thing .

She then gave me advice on my lack of sleep problem  brought on by the hormone injections and constant getting up  from bed to pee at  night  time as well as the hot, hot , bloody hot flushes throughout the day  and night .

She advised me to start taking evening primrose oil as recommended to ladies during their change of life .

In addition  she advised  drinking decaffeinated tea and coffee  also drinking the last cup not to late in the evening .

So that is the latest up date  , I have now been  handed over to the Western Park care team and await contact from them as to the next stage of treatment , 

Hope this post is help full  to any one taking a similar journey ,  

Get tested lads and lasses if you have any concern you know it makes sense .

8 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

So it was a  trip to the Hallamshire urology dept today to meet up with my cancer nurse .

As usual she was the  ultimate professional  , her advice and care is beyond belief  .(12 hour shift as well ).  

She injected me in the  belly opposite  side to last time  ,  did not feel a thing .

She then gave me advice on my lack of sleep problem  brought on by the hormone injections and constant getting up  from bed to pee at  night  time as well as the hot, hot , bloody hot flushes throughout the day  and night .

She advised me to start taking evening primrose oil as recommended to ladies during their change of life .

In addition  she advised  drinking decaffeinated tea and coffee  also drinking the last cup not to late in the evening .

So that is the latest up date  , I have now been  handed over to the Western Park care team and await contact from them as to the next stage of treatment , 

Hope this post is help full  to any one taking a similar journey ,  

Get tested lads and lasses if you have any concern you know it makes sense .

Good luck  and good advice .    My good lady and my Mam swear by Evening Primrose oil 

• Like 1

Thank you Thirsty , I am fine , the lack of sleep and bleeeeedin hot flushes are the main grumbles , but thats now't when comparing the suffering that some people go through . 

When  the treatment is finished I should be fighting fit hopefully  ,  But things are slowing down now due to getting on a bit , 

I compare myself with a old  car that  keeps on failing the MOT , Needs a bit of tinkering but then goes on for another year until the scrap yard beckons  and its  loaded onto a skip lorry and laid to rest  in Coopers yard .

Just now, Padders said:

And same from me.

Cheers Padders , hope you are well 

• Thanks 1

I too have cancer which is classed as untreatable and terminal. But it has been about 30 months since diagnosois and I count myself very lucky to have nothing happening. In fact I would never have known were it not for an ear infection. So I am following these posts with great interest and much sympathy for the posters who are indeed getting symptoms and problems. 

I suppose one day my turn will come and i would be lying if i said I wasn't worried about what is to come, but for now I keep it right at the back of my mind.

My very best wishes to Leo and Cuttsie, and all who are suffering right now.