2 hours ago, Minimo said:

I too have cancer which is classed as untreatable and terminal. But it has been about 30 months since diagnosois and I count myself very lucky to have nothing happening. In fact I would never have known were it not for an ear infection. So I am following these posts with great interest and much sympathy for the posters who are indeed getting symptoms and problems. 

I suppose one day my turn will come and i would be lying if i said I wasn't worried about what is to come, but for now I keep it right at the back of my mind.

My very best wishes to Leo and Cuttsie, and all who are suffering right now.

Hope you keep well Minimo , glad you are following thread , that is what it is here for . Cuttsie .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

And so it’s arrived , yesterday I attended Weston Park for the very first time , I have known so many people who have been through those doors before me .

The radiology dept is down a flight of stairs from the front entrance .

on entry the info desk faces you and a very polite lady advised me to take a seat .

Soon after sitting down a nurse came and asked me to start drinking three cups of water from the on hand water fountain ,

After around a hours wait I was shown into the radiology room , 

I was asked if I was OK with the procedure and then shown how to lay down on the large what I call the tumble dryer machine , this machine photographs the exact spots that are to be targeted at a future date by the actual radiology zapper .

The whole process took around two hours yesterday , The staff are so dedicated and helpful they make you feel at ease and relaxed , Thank you to all ,  

I now have three tattoos on my lower stomach one in. The middle then two to the side region, 

The whole process was painless and straight forward.

A word of warning if you arrive by car then the parking is a big problem so beware, I will look for alternative ways to get there when my 20 days of radiology zapping starts on the first of March .

Hope this helps any one  who is on the journey that I am now on .

Get tested lads and lasses if you have any concerns that things are not quite right .

Cheers 

• Like 2

Well done Cuttsie and I hope everything goes well with you. Keep thinking positive. I am going to Weston Park today for the results of my chest X-ray which I had on Monday. I am hoping that this will be my Last visit because it is 5 years since my last treatment. If you are anywhere near the 51 bus route it drops you off outside Weston park.

8 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

And so it’s arrived , yesterday I attended Weston Park for the very first time , I have known so many people who have been through those doors before me .

The radiology dept is down a flight of stairs from the front entrance .

on entry the info desk faces you and a very polite lady advised me to take a seat .

Soon after sitting down a nurse came and asked me to start drinking three cups of water from the on hand water fountain ,

After around a hours wait I was shown into the radiology room , 

I was asked if I was OK with the procedure and then shown how to lay down on the large what I call the tumble dryer machine , this machine photographs the exact spots that are to be targeted at a future date by the actual radiology zapper .

The whole process took around two hours yesterday , The staff are so dedicated and helpful they make you feel at ease and relaxed , Thank you to all ,  

I now have three tattoos on my lower stomach one in. The middle then two to the side region, 

The whole process was painless and straight forward.

A word of warning if you arrive by car then the parking is a big problem so beware, I will look for alternative ways to get there when my 20 days of radiology zapping starts on the first of March .

Hope this helps any one  who is on the journey that I am now on .

Get tested lads and lasses if you have any concerns that things are not quite right .

Cheers 

🤙

2 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Well done Cuttsie and I hope everything goes well with you. Keep thinking positive. I am going to Weston Park today for the results of my chest X-ray which I had on Monday. I am hoping that this will be my Last visit because it is 5 years since my last treatment. If you are anywhere near the 51 bus route it drops you off outside Weston park.

Cheers for that Kidorry

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

🤙

Cheers  Crookesay

Cuttsie, did you know that if you are having a course of treatment like you are, you can get an exemption pass for car parking charges. Just go to the reception and they will tell you where to go to get it. I've been taking my husband to WP for years and found that people are in and out so parking has never been an issue. If you're going by yourself though just allow plenty of time. 👍

Went for the results of my X-ray today and they told me I do not need to go any more, but if I want, I can have an x-ray in 6 months time just to reassure myself. It is 5 years since my last treatment. I saw the X-Ray of my chest and it looked pretty clear. So keep positive Cuttsie and everyone else with Cancer.