New Rules For Cyclists?

so you pay no road tax,because you want to get fit,pay no insurance,so if you hit anyone you dont pay out ,but if a car does that pays road tax does,the cyclists want it all waysthats not fair is it? if i was not disabled and did not use a car ,i would pay,plus life would be easier in my very own cycle lanes cannot be bad can it?

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

so you pay no road tax,because you want to get fit,pay no insurance,so if you hit anyone you dont pay out ,but if a car does that pays road tax does,the cyclists want it all waysthats not fair is it? if i was not disabled and did not use a car ,i would pay,plus life would be easier in my very own cycle lanes cannot be bad can it?

You still arent getting it, are you?

Road tax, Vehicle Excise Duty....whatever you want to call it, is based on emissions.

How much emissions does a bike emit?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bassett one said:

they pay nowt and still moan these bike folk,never happy,even when they get there own cycle paths/routes ect.

Have you noticed that drivers are never happy and like to moan too?

I think that's more about people just liking to moan rather than the type of transport they use. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bassett one said:

Do you use the motability scheme to pay for the car you drive?

The Motability scheme which costs £6 billion annually, is paid from general taxation, and is only for the benefit of those eligible? Did you pay a bit extra in tax to benefit from it?

Thought not, and yet most, least of all me, would begrudge the money which goes into it. Because that's how tax in a functioning society works, we all pay and we all can benefit. Not specifically, but generally.

Edited by Bargepole23

20 hours ago, bassett one said:

they pay nowt and still moan these bike folk,never happy,even when they get there own cycle paths/routes ect.

Imagine I wanted to get from Batemoor to town, or Ecclesall to town or Totley to town, or Fulwood to town, or Crookes to town, or Gleadless to town? Or any of these to Meadowhall?

There are no joined up cycle routes for these journeys.

1 minute ago, Bargepole23 said:

Imagine I wanted to get from Batemoor to town, or Ecclesall to town or Totley to town, or Fulwood to town, or Crookes to town, or Gleadless to town? Or any of these to Meadowhall?

There are no joined up cycle routes for these journeys.

Yes but if you wanted to get from Lowedges to town you could just jump on the maglev train thats on stilts through Woodseats.

• Haha 1