Championship Poor This Year.

prince al

I'm a Norwich fan. I don't think we have the overall quality & ruthlessness we had 2 years ago, or the heart/passion & identity that we had 4 years ago, so I definitely think our standard has dropped.

To compare us to last seasons teams, we've been yo-yoing with Fulham and I think they have an overall better squad than us. Also, last season Nottingham Forest - bad start aside - were very, very good. To lose those two, and to gain Norwich, Watford (haven't been bad) and Burnley (not taken off yet); none of those three are going to struggle but neither am I convinced any of them will dominate the league. Overall, I think the 6-team switch between PL and Championship has been a net loss this year.

Steve Bruce always takes any team on a slow death spiral, so you can assume West Brom will continue to stink even though they should be doing better.

On the flip side, Sunderland are doing better than you might usually expect a promoted side to do?

23 hours ago, prince al said:

I tend to agree with Radio Sheffield’s Rob Staton comments tonight  that this present year’s Championship standard is poor.

I suppose if the media say it then it's got to be right.I wonder if certain people agree with the sport reporters.

Edited by ukdobby

Five matches played, five points between the top six and the bottom three. Perfect time to make a judgement on the overall quality of the division.

People like Staton always have to make some daft statement to get a response, that's their job, take no notice. It's far too early to decide whether or not it's going to be a good or bad season.

My view on whether or not a season is good or bad in terms of results is how competitive it is. If it's nip and tuck and there's no obvious winner until the closing weeks ,then from an objective viewpoint that's a great season for the majority.

Personally, I prefer a season where my team is that far ahead of all other contenders by Christmas that it's a fargone conclusion as to who's going up. 

Doubt it'll happen, but I live in hope. Or at least I would do if I moved to the village between Hathersage and Castleton.

2 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

The is literally no validity in Staton’s comments what so ever, other than personal thought….. listen I hope he’s right, because with this squad of players we have ever shout regardless.

The monies spent by clubs in build up to season is comparable to a number of previous seasons.

The starting points, goals scored, goals conceded totals are comparable to previous seasons…

Unfortunately we won’t get a true picture of the movers and shakers in the league until November…..and it’s going to be a weird one, because we then have the World Cup break in which teams and players can recharge, do homework and come back out with new intent.

This season in my opinion will be tougher than previous ones…. And I still expect 6-8 teams to really gain momentum as always. 

It's a Sprat thrown to the minnows of the City something for them to hang on to.

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

The is literally no validity in Staton’s comments what so ever, other than personal thought….. listen I hope he’s right, because with this squad of players we have ever shout regardless.

The monies spent by clubs in build up to season is comparable to a number of previous seasons.

The starting points, goals scored, goals conceded totals are comparable to previous seasons…

Unfortunately we won’t get a true picture of the movers and shakers in the league until November…..and it’s going to be a weird one, because we then have the World Cup break in which teams and players can recharge, do homework and come back out with new intent.

This season in my opinion will be tougher than previous ones…. And I still expect 6-8 teams to really gain momentum as always. 

It’s a quote from the press and according to horrible bob the press are right.

• Haha 1