How Do We Save Cash On Energy Bills?

On 01/09/2022 at 10:47, makapaka said:

Wouldn’t it  be great if our energy minister was sat at table with other EU energy ministers to negotiate our share of any benefit across Europe.

it’s a shame no one ever thought of joining the  EU - so in times of crisis we weren’t just some outlier in the North Sea trying to sort it out ourselves whilst largely dependent on others.

Anyway what with all the sewage being pumped into our seas I’m off to the airport to join the mile long queues at the airport - blue passport at the ready - I’m hoping to be able to bring back a few staples for the cupboards - what with the shelves of my local shop looking like they’ve been ransacked by looters.

Rule Britannia!

I've been abroad twice this year and haven't queued once, its scaremongering by the press again.

18 hours ago, top4718 said:

I've been abroad twice this year and haven't queued once, its scaremongering by the press again.

You've through two UK airports in 8 months, and from that concluded the press were making up stories about queues.

Despite airports asking airlines to reduce flight numbers. Despite photographs and videos and interviews with people in queues.

2 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

You've through two UK airports in 8 months, and from that concluded the press were making up stories about queues.

Despite airports asking airlines to reduce flight numbers. Despite photographs and videos and interviews with people in queues.

I queued for half an hour at an EU airport a few weeks ago. Every non-EU person given the third degree, bit like trying to get into the States. Luckily only one flight was in. Friend of mine took 2 hours to get through Oslo's main airport the other week.

Edited by HeHasRisen

14 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Millions of people fly everyday, there are always going to be people who have issues with delays etc, what your friends the MSM do is focus on these issues and make them appear to be a major problem, they're being rewarded to do this as they hardly sell any printed copy anymore, they've become the incarnation of Lord Haw Haw, sadly people like yourself are totally taken in by it so they'll continue.

10 hours ago, top4718 said:

Millions of people fly everyday, there are always going to be people who have issues with delays etc, what your friends the MSM do is focus on these issues and make them appear to be a major problem, they're being rewarded to do this as they hardly sell any printed copy anymore, they've become the incarnation of Lord Haw Haw, sadly people like yourself are totally taken in by it so they'll continue.

I've flown out of Manchester and Heathrow 11 times this year. All queues at check-in and security were much worse than previous years. Most flights were peak period departures.