How Do We Save Cash On Energy Bills?

Just now, Jack Grey said:

Where i buy them from they only use heat treated pallets 

Fair enough. The MB treated ones are really best avoided for burning, or for making compost bins etc.

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I burn rainbows to get a really good heat to cook unicorn steaks sprinkled with pixie dust for that extra flavour 🦄

A clear warning about burning old pallets in a wood burner, the blue dye gives off fumes which have a mind bending reaction when inhaled.

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

*ha ha haaa, we're in the European Union and now we've changed your beloved passport from blue to EU red, hahahahah, up yours gammons!* 

Lets be honest, that was the sentiment behind the colour change wasn't it?  well what goes around sometime comes around and it's very pleasing to revert back to the tradition blue especially knowing it irritates the Europhiles.

Small wins are good I suppose……

bizarre.

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Small wins are good I suppose……

bizarre.

To be fair it was a waste of time and money changing the passports in the 1st place and just as big of a waste of time and money to change them back again 

But we are dealing with people who are expert in spending the publics money 

5 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

*ha ha haaa, we're in the European Union and now we've changed your beloved passport from blue to EU red, hahahahah, up yours gammons!* 

Lets be honest, that was the sentiment behind the colour change wasn't it?  well what goes around sometime comes around and it's very pleasing to revert back to the tradition blue especially knowing it irritates the Europhiles.

You’re such a plonker.

13 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I've flown out of Manchester and Heathrow 11 times this year. All queues at check-in and security were much worse than previous years. Most flights were peak period departures.

The industry was almost closed down for two years, an unprecedented number of people will be travelling this year as they've had bookings carried over or be desperate to get away after not being able to, did you miss any of your flights?

Just reading on the BBC 'ticker tape' that the  German Govt. are going to spend the equivalent of £50 billion to help with energy costs, via a windfall energy tax. 

The French Govt have capped energy prices for their people at 4%.

Considering that we rely less on Russian energy sources than Germany or France do, what are we prepared to offer our public?   Although,  by saying that, as I still pay  a considerable amount of tax, I'd like some of it back to pay MY bills, even though I've a fixed gas & electricity contract until June next year, I feel for those who are / will be struggling, as its suggested that the current site will last until 2024 / 25, so three winters. 

Edited by Baron99

14 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just reading on the BBC 'ticker tape' that the  German Govt. are going to spend the equivalent of £50 billion to help with energy costs, via a windfall energy tax. 

The French Govt have capped energy prices for their people at 4%.

Considering that we rely less on Russian energy sources than Germany do, what are we prepared to offer our public?   Although,  by saying that, as I still pay  a considerable amount of tax, I'd like some of it back to pay MY bills. 

Rising energy prices are a major driver of the current high wage claims, which is going to lead to high general inflation. If governments don't want that inflation baked into the economy, protecting people from, temporary, high energy prices is one way of doing it. Our government seem to be ignoring the situation at the moment.

5 minutes ago, altus said:

Rising energy prices are a major driver of the current high wage claims, which is going to lead to high general inflation. If governments don't want that inflation baked into the economy, protecting people from, temporary, high energy prices is one way of doing it. Our government seem to be ignoring the situation at the moment.

It’s a very easy win for any government. Make the energy companies pay. Reduce bills. Inflation comes down as a side effect.

Truss would have to be utterly stupid to not do that.

I’d give it a 50% chance.