How Do We Save Cash On Energy Bills?

17 minutes ago, altus said:

Rising energy prices are a major driver of the current high wage claims, which is going to lead to high general inflation. If governments don't want that inflation baked into the economy, protecting people from, temporary, high energy prices is one way of doing it. Our government seem to be ignoring the situation at the moment.

Let's remember, the UK has been the ranked as the  5th or 6th wealthiest countiin the world since the days of Gordon Brown was Chancellor.  My old dad used to say, keep £10k in the bank just in  case you need a new foof.  Based on the fact that the UK is still the 5th or 6th richest country in the world, based on the money held by Govt., providee by individual and business taxpayers.

I'ts about time to release some of that money back to pay the bills and ensure businesses don't go under

I say this as a Tory supporter.  Keep people & business afloat, and you'll keep them going & eventually recoup the tax again. 

Edited by Baron99

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Let's remember, the UK has been the ranked as the  5th or 6th wealthiest countiin the world since the days of Gordon Brown was Chancellor.  My old dad used to say, keep £10k in the bank just in  case you need a new foof.  Based on the fact that the UK is still the 5th or 6th richest country in the world, based on the money held by Govt., providee by individual and business taxpayers.

I'ts about time to release some of that money back to pay the bills and ensure businesses don't go under

We don’t even need to do that. 

The energy companies have enough to pay for everybody’s roofs, let’s just tell them that they are paying.

There is no justification  for most of this, Over half of our energy comes from renewables, or our own gas. Pay the energy companies what it costs them plus a small profit margin. Job done.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

Over half of our energy comes from renewables, or our own gas. Pay the energy companies what it costs them plus a small profit margin. Job done.

Why don't we do that with other things too, price fixing will stop inflation sky rocketing, no consequences?

Do we still fix the price of milk, is that the only product we price fix?

I find bread quite expensive, is energy more important than food?

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

Why don't we do that with other things too, price fixing will stop inflation sky rocketing, no consequences?

Do we still fix the price of milk, is that the only product we price fix?

I find bread quite expensive, is energy more important than food?

I find your posts quite difficult to understand.

Maybe you should just focus on one thing at a time.

53 minutes ago, sibon said:

The energy companies have enough to pay for everybody’s roofs, let’s just tell them that they are paying.

There is no justification  for most of this, Over half of our energy comes from renewables, or our own gas. Pay the energy companies what it costs them plus a small profit margin. Job done.

Well we should be looking at an energy companies' windfall tax  as first suggested by the Lib Dems Ed Davey in Nov 21, (not as claimed by Labour's Starmer, (as much as he tries to claim he first called for it this year), to pay for the rising costs.  Any claims by the energy companies that the additional profits they are currently making. (money simply made by the rising energy cost rather than actually working), are required for investment in projects is spurious.  The additional profits are an unexpected bonus.  Any money for future projects would have been already set aside previously in say 2020 or 2021.

Set a windfall tax at 50%.

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, sibon said:

Simples 

6 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Simples 

Big companies are not that easy though.

It would be akin to communism, we are a freely trading country.

This country has a massive debt already. Rishy Sunak talked about getting into more debt could destabilise the economy 

On 05/09/2022 at 09:36, West 77 said:

You're living in cloud cuckoo land.

If there is power cuts, I wonder if Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle ect  will be in darkness,  and why doesn't the Queen dib into her unused billions which she has hoarded over the years and put £10.000  into every households bank accounts,  after all the Queens dosh is just dead money sitting there  which will never be used otherwise,  she could help her so called Subjects who are enduring such hard times.  In reality I know this will never happen but seriously what does happen to all the Queens unspent Billions.