How Do We Save Cash On Energy Bills?

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Here's apparently what you will 'save' following the PM's funding of the price cap guarantee. 

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/1666445/energy-bills-price-cap-guarantee-chart-save-money

Of course its all relative, your bills are still determined by your circumstances. 

You won’t be saving anything. 

You’ll just not be paying quite as much more than you otherwise would

I've got a simplistic and novel idea on how to save cash on energy bills........

First of all I think it's an accepted fact that our prisons are over-populated and bursting at the seams........

So why not release all the non-violent prisoners back into society.

These prisoners could then be fitted with a 25kg ball and a chain, this would make it almost impossible for them to re-offend.

So as not to offend members of the public, these Ball and Chains could be placed in a brightly coloured reinforced ASDA bag  for life 

Why should criminals be well fed, kept warm, have immediate access to medical facilities, and meet many new friends.

Meanwhile us law abiding citizens have to struggle to keep warm and eat food, also many of us are lonely and rarely get out...

My proposal would free up many thousands of prison cells, which could then be used to place pensioners in....

What I'm suggesting is, 

Round about October, pensioners could throw a brick through H. Samuel's window and receive a 2/3 month sentence starting at the beginning of winter...

Why should criminals enjoy all the benefits that prison life offers.

The system needs radical change...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I've got a simplistic and novel idea on how to save cash on energy bills........

First of all I think it's an accepted fact that our prisons are over-populated and bursting at the seams........

So why not release all the non-violent prisoners back into society.

These prisoners could then be fitted with a 25kg ball and a chain, this would make it almost impossible for them to re-offend.

So as not to offend members of the public, these Ball and Chains could be placed in a brightly coloured reinforced ASDA bag  for life 

Why should criminals be well fed, kept warm, have immediate access to medical facilities, and meet many new friends.

Meanwhile us law abiding citizens have to struggle to keep warm and eat food, also many of us are lonely and rarely get out...

My proposal would free up many thousands of prison cells, which could then be used to place pensioners in....

What I'm suggesting is, 

Round about October, pensioners could throw a brick through H. Samuel's window and receive a 2/3 month sentence starting at the beginning of winter...

Why should criminals enjoy all the benefits that prison life offers.

The system needs radical change...

Why not put these folk coming here in dinghys in prison and let pensioners stay in 4/5 star hotels over xmas?     Padders🤔😃

• Like 1

Not sure if these ideas have been mentioned :

1 - Only boil enough for the cup of tea you want. Try filling the kettle with the cup you intend to use, plus a bit for evaporation. Make sure any element is fully covered though.

2 - If defrosting anything do it in the fridge as that will help cool the fridge, though it obviously take longer !

Interesting sidelight on this, if it's cold in your house this idea don't save much power because as the excess boiled water (you haven't used) cools down it's heating your house. One reason why, in winter, many of these energy saving tips (e.g. low energy lights and switching off appliances rather than leaving them in standby) don't save as much as you'd think.