How Do We Save Cash On Energy Bills?

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah, I mean, the sheer nerve of the man.

Imagine getting angry with a man trying to help people get by.

that’s where we’ve ended up as a nation.

So here’s a thing. A while back I dragged the fridge freezer out to paint behind it. It’s an American style one about 15 years old so probably not the most efficient appliance going. I noticed the cooling slots on the t back were full of fluff so I cleaned them off. Further curiosity led me to remove the access panel to reveal the heat exchanger (shiny aluminium thing with cooling fins and pipes going to it for the less technical) . The thing was absolutely caked in a very counter productive insulating blanket of fluff and dog hair. I cleaned it with a brush and hoover nozzle and chucked the panel back on. I soon noticed that the pump motor was kicking in a lot less than it had previously done. So today I read an article stating that keeping your fridge vents clear can actually cut power consumption by up to 25% which is no mean figure on an appliance which is constantly switched on. Maybe check the back of your fridge?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, makapaka said:

I don’t believe that.  

People heat their homes up to make it feel warm.

people cook stuff in a gas oven.

gonna have to stop doing it or do it less if you want to save money.

they can’t charge you £300/month if you’re not using gas.

In the winter months some people will have been working outside for 8-12 hours in freezing conditions, they should be able to come home to a warm house and a hot freshly cooked meal, people will have elderly or disabled relatives living with them that won't survive a cold snap with the current costs, you post some very good stuff on here mate but your way off on this topic.

Guest makapaka
49 minutes ago, top4718 said:

In the winter months some people will have been working outside for 8-12 hours in freezing conditions, they should be able to come home to a warm house and a hot freshly cooked meal, people will have elderly or disabled relatives living with them that won't survive a cold snap with the current costs, you post some very good stuff on here mate but your way off on this topic.

I don’t disagree with you - but what you gonna do?

it is what it is - this is where we’ve got to. 

Either wear it or do something about it.

and - start to think why someone isn’t doing something about it for you.

Edited by makapaka

On 26/08/2022 at 11:36, The_DADDY said:

Not me that's for sure. Been following the situation since 2014. Ukraine is a cesspool and its 'leaders' are bent as a nine bob note.

You know I reckon you're probably right there.

I remember seeing a woman holding up a board which said 'Zelensky is a bad man' a week later she refuted it,  not heard anything from her since and wondered if she'd been 'gagged' or worse.

6 minutes ago, cressida said:

I remember seeing a woman holding up a board which said 'Zelensky is a bad man' a week later she refuted it,  not heard anything from her since and wondered if she'd been 'gagged' or worse.

Zelensky is such a corrupt maggot I wouldn't be surprised if she'd had an 'accident ' or offered up to the Azov Battalion for a bit of target practice.

He really is a vile creature. Makes me want to puke every time I see his lying corrupt face.