Oli McBurnie.

Baron99

25 minutes ago, atticus said:

It’s been a long , long wait but hopefully he’s come good at last. 
He’ll probably get sent down now knowing our luck 

I'd be surprised if that happened, but knowing us not completely gobsmacked. You would think he has a very reasonable explanation for what happened.

The supporters invading the pitch were breaking the law. One of them assaulted a United player with no provocation. If a group of people enter your place of work and one of them attacks a colleague for no reason what exactly are you supposed to do when faced with another one of them except protect yourself?

Unless of course there's some incriminating evidence we haven't seen yet. Did our Scottish Highland warrior pull a Sgian Dubh out of his sock and stab someone?

Looking at the way he wears his socks it must have been a miniature one if he did.

11 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I'd be surprised if that happened, but knowing us not completely gobsmacked. You would think he has a very reasonable explanation for what happened.

The supporters invading the pitch were breaking the law. One of them assaulted a United player with no provocation. If a group of people enter your place of work and one of them attacks a colleague for no reason what exactly are you supposed to do when faced with another one of them except protect yourself?

Unless of course there's some incriminating evidence we haven't seen yet. Did our Scottish Highland warrior pull a Sgian Dubh out of his sock and stab someone?

Looking at the way he wears his socks it must have been a miniature one if he did.

There's another few thousand law makers on camera need sorting if that's how Nottinghamshire constabulary want to play it.

Edited by Alextopman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

There's another few thousand law makers on camera need sorting if that's how Nottinghamshire constabulary want to play it.

Cantona got a nine month ban for assaulting the Crystal Palace fan but entirely different circumstances. The fan wasn't on the pitch Cantona went for him. Self defence didn't come into it. Personally while being no fan of Manure or Cantona I think the fan was asking for it, Running down the steps to scream racist abuse as someone deserves retribution.

I have no problem with retaliation or revenge. If everyone who set out to harm another person either physically or mentally knew it'd be coming back at them there'd be a lot less dished out in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

Cantona got a nine month ban for assaulting the Crystal Palace fan but entirely different circumstances. The fan wasn't on the pitch Cantona went for him. Self defence didn't come into it. Personally while being no fan of Manure or Cantona I think the fan was asking for it, Running down the steps to scream racist abuse as someone deserves retribution.

I have no problem with retaliation or revenge. If everyone who set out to harm another person either physically or mentally knew it'd be coming back at them there'd be a lot less dished out in the first place.

The Palace fan was still on the terrace as well.

I don’t know, because I’ve only seen a grainy video, but if he’s defending himself, or trying to get away, he’ll be fine. If not and he’s just stamping on someone  who isn’t a threat. he’s in bother.

Given the chaotic circumstances I can’t see him getting a custodial sentence. He’s got some form for other stuff though. That might not help him.

6 hours ago, sibon said:

I don’t know, because I’ve only seen a grainy video, but if he’s defending himself, or trying to get away, he’ll be fine. If not and he’s just stamping on someone  who isn’t a threat. he’s in bother.

Given the chaotic circumstances I can’t see him getting a custodial sentence. He’s got some form for other stuff though. That might not help him.

This some form for other stuff to which you refer is both inadmissible and of no relevance ie a drink driving offence cos nothing else is proven

i would hope that a good brief raises considerable doubt in any event given the alleged harmed party has had no prosecution inflicted and neither have hundreds more

I seem to recall one Brian clough knocking 6 bells out of a pitch intruder at forest don’t think he got prosecuted and good on him

these so called supporters should all get the same treatment stuff the snowflakes kick some ass!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Man in Crete said:

This some form for other stuff to which you refer is both inadmissible and of no relevance ie a drink driving offence cos nothing else is proven

i would hope that a good brief raises considerable doubt in any event given the alleged harmed party has had no prosecution inflicted and neither have hundreds more

I seem to recall one Brian clough knocking 6 bells out of a pitch intruder at forest don’t think he got prosecuted and good on him

these so called supporters should all get the same treatment stuff the snowflakes kick some ass!

He is accused of stamping on someone’s head.

That isn’t trivial.

15 minutes ago, sibon said:

That isn’t trivial.

Assault by beating maximum 6 months, has it actualy been stated he stamped on someone's head?

Surely that would merit a more serious charge.

Assault by beating refers to a common assault which involves physical force being applied (as opposed to the apprehension of physical force). It is sometimes referred to as battery. How much force needs to be applied? The charge of assault by beating or battery can be applicable even when the force used against the another is very slight.

Edited by Alextopman

13 minutes ago, sibon said:

That isn’t trivial.

Hmmm... :huh:

Now I could be wrong here... but wasn't he injured at the time?

I think I remember him having his leg in one of those compression cast things and being on crutches.

If he was daft enough to risk further injury by stamping on someone's head then he deserves all he gets...

... but I would hope that it's more likely that he was trying to get out of the way to avoid further injury. :|

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Assault by beating maximum 6 months, has it actualy been stated he stamped on someone's head?

Surely that would merit a more serious charge.

Assault by beating refers to a common assault which involves physical force being applied (as opposed to the apprehension of physical force). It is sometimes referred to as battery. How much force needs to be applied? The charge of assault by beating or battery can be applicable even when the force used against the another is very slight.

I thought I’d read that he stamped on the fan’s head. I could be wrong though. Do let me know😁

I’ve got a bit of sympathy for him, given the chaotic situation. But he does seem rather prone to violence.