Oli McBurnie.

Baron99

22 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well his goal to game ratio for the Blades must be coming down now.  It must be about 1 in 10.  When he gets it down to 1 in 3, I'll reconsider my opinion of him. 

Brewster would give his right arm to have 1 in 10,what’s happened to him?

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2022 at 16:49, Alextopman said:

At Championship level last season he was 1 in 4, he's only started 2 games this season.

From what I saw of him in the championship, he’s a fine player at that level. 

I can’t understand what has gone wrong for him.

On 01/09/2022 at 10:40, sibon said:

I don’t know, because I’ve only seen a grainy video, but if he’s defending himself, or trying to get away, he’ll be fine. If not and he’s just stamping on someone  who isn’t a threat. he’s in bother.

Given the chaotic circumstances I can’t see him getting a custodial sentence. He’s got some form for other stuff though. That might not help him.

Obviously context is important. Not seen the incident so can’t speak too specifically. I understand there were hundreds if not thousands of Forest fans on the pitch , they’d entered McBurnie’s place of work without valid cause. Given that a colleague had been, or was going to be seriously assaulted , I’d argue that every Forest fan on the pitch presented a potential threat to United players, perceived or real.

• 2 months later...

To start my post I would like to say that I am a 100% Owl and I have no feelings for the blades whatsoever. I also have no feelings towards Mc Burnie. So here is how I see it. I witnessed the scenes on TV of the aftermath of the game between Forest and the Blades. I cannot imagine what was going through the blades players minds as they were confronted by a mass of idiots running on to the pitch to deliberately goad the blades players. Fair enough they had won. (Still no excuse) But remember  that Billy Sharp was brutally attacked. Put yourself in McBurnies shoes, does he think this might happen to him? He might not be an angel but faced with the the prospect of getting the same treatment as Sharp had just received he must have been terrified, he had to defend himself. I hope the McBurnie is found to be not guilty and hopefully the other guy gets his comeuppance in some form or another.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lakerman said:

To start my post I would like to say that I am a 100% Owl and I have no feelings for the blades whatsoever. I also have no feelings towards Mc Burnie. So here is how I see it. I witnessed the scenes on TV of the aftermath of the game between Forest and the Blades. I cannot imagine what was going through the blades players minds as they were confronted by a mass of idiots running on to the pitch to deliberately goad the blades players. Fair enough they had won. (Still no excuse) But remember  that Billy Sharp was brutally attacked. Put yourself in McBurnies shoes, does he think this might happen to him? He might not be an angel but faced with the the prospect of getting the same treatment as Sharp had just received he must have been terrified, he had to defend himself. I hope the McBurnie is found to be not guilty and hopefully the other guy gets his comeuppance in some form or another.

That’s a fair assessment. Billy Sharp was lucky to get up. The idiot that took him down could easily have ended up on a manslaughter charge.