Eddie Izzard - Potential Sheffield Lab Mp?

7 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I refer to local government, Sheffield council.

Not really relevant here, he is aiming to become an MP.   Labour won this seat by over 27k votes only 3 years ago at a time the Tories were riding the crest of a wave, in the meantime the Tories have turned to mush and are currently 24-34 points behind Labour in national opinion polling depending on which one you use.

There is no way in this world or the next Labour lose this seat.

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/orderedseats.html

The 31st safest Labour seat in the country, out of a total of 650 seats. If they lose any in the top 40 it would be a major major surprise.

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

It's got to pop up as a question at some point in Izzard's selection process as it seems a pretty standard question to ask most Lab MP's these days. 

It's be intresting to hear Izzard's response to "What is your definition of a woman?" 

No it wouldn't 

On 14/10/2022 at 15:00, Baron99 said:

It's got to pop up as a question at some point in Izzard's selection process as it seems a pretty standard question to ask most Lab MP's these days. 

It's be intresting to hear Izzard's response to "What is your definition of a woman?" 

I think there are other important things to consider when selecting an MP. Such as how they will represent their constitutents! This is a question no matter what their gender is. 

It's a shame that this question wasn't asked when Miriam Cates was selected as the Tory candidate for Penistone & Stocksbridge. I have emailed her a number of times with key issues and she has never responded. 

Just seen in the Star online , about a Lad who came to Sheffield as a refugee aged three from war torn Somalia  , Spent the rest of his life here , studied ( and finished ) at Sheffield Uni , He is hoping to stand for Labour in Sheffield central . Surely someone like Abdi Suleiman  should  be the one to stand for them . Not seen anything about the other Lady wanting to stand ,so cant comment .

Edited by hackey lad
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, S35_2o21 said:

I think there are other important things to consider when selecting an MP. Such as how they will represent their constitutents! This is a question no matter what their gender is. 

It's a shame that this question wasn't asked when Miriam Cates was selected as the Tory candidate for Penistone & Stocksbridge. I have emailed her a number of times with key issues and she has never responded. 

At last!

A poster who want's to talk about what is important rather than  the election candidates sexuality.

It also seems strange that everyone who's discussing Sheffield's Labour MP selection is also a Tory supporter and doesn't want a Labour MP here at all.