Eddie Izzard - Potential Sheffield Lab Mp?

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Wont get very far - the Greens have owned that seat of late. A near 20k majority.

Possibly some of the motivation for having another crack at it there is that being a transwoman in a very progressive constituency would likely be a real advantage.  Though of course Labour's recent move away from support for self-ID might counter some of that.

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Eddie Izzard is a very astute person, high profile, and  committed to politics.

Maybe Brighton will be able to get past the gender thing. 

He's a failed 'comedian'

18 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Possibly some of the motivation for having another crack at it there is that being a transwoman in a very progressive constituency would likely be a real advantage.  Though of course Labour's recent move away from support for self-ID might counter some of that.

Maybe, but the electorate in  the area are getting a little fed-up of 'progressive' politics.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Maybe, but the electorate in  the area are getting a little fed-up of 'progressive' politics.

Well, that might be an advantage for Labour then, as the Greens are certainly more that way inclined than Labour.

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

When?

Well, not recently. Smaller venues are used on the tour now. Here is an article from a decade ago for example 

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/arts-and-culture/theatre-and-stage/interview-eddie-izzard-1865127

Pretty sure I have seen a DVD he did where he is in front of a packed arena. 

If that's failure, I would love some of that 😂

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, Hecate said:

Well, that might be an advantage for Labour then, as the Greens are certainly more that way inclined than Labour.

It may, but who knows? As an aside, I thought Labours colour was deep red, not pastel pink.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well, not recently. Here is an article from a decade ago for example 

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/arts-and-culture/theatre-and-stage/interview-eddie-izzard-1865127

Pretty sure I have seen a DVD he did where he is in front of a packed arena. 

If that's failure, I would love some of that 😂

A decade ago - anything a bit more recent?

Disclaimer - I have never found him 'funny' in the slightest.

Just now, RollingJ said:

It may, but who knows? As an aside, I thought Labours colour was deep red, not pastel pink.

A decade ago - anything a bit more recent?

Disclaimer - I have never found him 'funny' in the slightest.

And that disclaimer is likely clouding your judgement, by no definition has he "failed" as a comedian.  Yes he isn't filling the same size venues now as he once did but to say he has "failed" is a bit inaccurate. 

That's like saying Leicester failed in the top level of football because they are now in the second tier. 

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

And that disclaimer is likely clouding your judgement, by no definition has he "failed" as a comedian.  Yes he isn't filling the same size venues now as he once did but to say he has "failed" is a bit inaccurate. 

That's like saying Leicester failed in the top level of football because they are now in the second tier. 

OK - he's a failing/fading comedian.