Eddie Izzard - Potential Sheffield Lab Mp?

14 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

hmmm  they could save the safe seat for someone more experienced

14 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

It’s nothing to do with Sheffield. It’s all about Izzard being in the limelight, winning a safe seat. 

Sounds feasible

Edited by cressida
dble. post (?)

Rosie Duffield told a Labour fringe meeting at conference that she’ll quit as a party MP if Labour allows Eddie Izzard to stand for a seat on an all-woman shortlist. A tweet reporting as much was covered by PinkNews, though Guido’s now managed to dig out said clip.

“I’m absolutely not the only Labour woman MP who will leave the party if Eddie Izzard gets a place on an all women’s shortlist.”

She also emphatically told the audience that Eddie Izzard is not a woman, and Labour MPs agree with her on that. Surprisingly, PinkNews didn’t report the massive round of applause Duffield received…

•  
Edited by cressida
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Eddie Izzard is 60 years old so i'll assume she went to Sheffield Uni over 40 years ago for about 3 years

Shes hardly gonna have her finger on the pulse of the city is she 

Hmmm... :huh:

Not even that long...
... he was apparently kicked out after a year for being a disruptive influence!

Although the Uni seem to like to say that he decided Uni life wasn't for him...
... sounds a bit better when you've awarded him an honorary doctorate for dropping out of an Accounting and Financial Management course! :roll:

Thinking about it, that probably makes him an ideal person to represent Sheffield... :hihi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, cressida said:

Rosie Duffield told a Labour fringe meeting at conference that she’ll quit as a party MP if Labour allows Eddie Izzard to stand for a seat on an all-woman shortlist. A tweet reporting as much was covered by PinkNews, though Guido’s now managed to dig out said clip.
“I’m absolutely not the only Labour woman MP who will leave the party if Eddie Izzard gets a place on an all women’s shortlist.”
She also emphatically told the audience that Eddie Izzard is not a woman, and Labour MPs agree with her on that. Surprisingly, PinkNews didn’t report the massive round of applause Duffield received…

Oh what a tangled web we weave.....

But I thought all women shortlists were deemed discriminatory and illegal ?

If they aren't they should be, and neither are they even necessary. Could someone remind me the sex of two of the last three PMs ?

Edited by Chekhov