Eddie Izzard - Potential Sheffield Lab Mp?

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Now a Tory MP has waded into the issue of Izzard's sexual identity. 

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/oct/26/tory-mp-under-fire-for-transphobic-comments-about-eddie-izzard

"In a message on her campaign website, Izzard wrote that she wanted to “support the city that has supported me”.    Has the city always supported Izzard?  I've never really given Izzard a thought, personally.  Apart from reading on here that he once went to Sheffield University, (for a while; never finished the accountancy degree) & his current comments in relation to trying to secure the Sheffield Central candidacy for Lab, I've seen Izzard many times but don't recall Izzard ever much mentioning any great links to the city? 

Compared with some of the other candidates on Lab's long list for the seat, Izzard's links to the city are very tenuous? 

:thumbsup:

Six have made the longlist:

Links to Sheffield/Sheffield Central highlighted.  Further info about each in the link.

Mike Buckley - Sheffield Central Constituency Labour Party campaign coordinator. Lives in constituency.

Jayne Dunn -  Councillor since 2012. Lives in constituency.

Eddie Izzard - Comedian and activist. Studied at Sheffield University.

Rizwana Lala - Dentist and public health consultant. Lives in constituency.

Paul Mason - Journalist and activist - Studied at Sheffield University.

Abtisam Mohamed - Councillor since 2016.

Abdi Suleiman, discussed in previous posts, didn't make the longlist.

9 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Now a Tory MP has waded into the issue of Izzard's sexual identity. 

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/oct/26/tory-mp-under-fire-for-transphobic-comments-about-eddie-izzard

"In a message on her campaign website, Izzard wrote that she wanted to “support the city that has supported me”.    Has the city always supported Izzard?  I've never really given Izzard a thought, personally.  Apart from reading on here that he once went to Sheffield University, (for a while; never finished the accountancy degree) & his current comments in relation to trying to secure the Sheffield Central candidacy for Lab, I've seen Izzard many times but don't recall Izzard ever much mentioning any great links to the city? 

Compared with some of the other candidates on Lab's long list for the seat, Izzard's links to the city are very tenuous? 

In the link Lee Anderson states:

"Is that what’s coming to parliament? I think it opens a whole new debate, mate. I’m going to be honest now, controversial as always, if he does get elected and I’m still here, I shouldn’t be following him into the toilets.”

Given the latest polling I don't think Anderson need worry about being in Parliament next time round and seeing Izzard. Even if by some miracle Anderson does get re elected, I'm sure Izzard would be delighted that she won't be seeing Anderson in the toilets. Let's face it, who'd want to listen to that oaf fart away on the bog?

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

In the link Lee Anderson states:

"Is that what’s coming to parliament? I think it opens a whole new debate, mate. I’m going to be honest now, controversial as always, if he does get elected and I’m still here, I shouldn’t be following him into the toilets.”

Given the latest polling I don't think Anderson need worry about being in Parliament next time round and seeing Izzard. Even if by some miracle Anderson does get re elected, I'm sure Izzard would be delighted that she won't be seeing Anderson in the toilets. Let's face it, who'd want to listen to that oaf fart away on the bog?

As if Izzard doesn’t fart 

• Like 1

Apparently, Izzard is now happy to be address as "He/him.".   A bit of an volte-face by Izzard I'd say after months of insisting that he/him for would only respond to she/her. 

Also Izzard says that he/him, she/her would not try t be selected as an MP using an all-women shortlist & isn't sure that transgender women should be allowed to run on them. 

If you ask me, it appears that Izzard isn't sure of a lot of things at the moment? 

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/oct/27/eddie-izzard-rules-out-appearing-on-all-women-labour-mp-shortlist

I'm not in tbe Sheffield Central ward so he/him, she/her head wouldn't be my MP but the paragraph from the above piece I don't particularly like is, "She insists she is better placed to represent the constituency than a  "supercharged local councillor" betheir activisum has been local and my activisum has been national and international."

Well that's a kick in the teeth to the local candidates who have worked on local people's issues for SCC & actually live in the city & have a collective knowledge of how the city is run & also experienced & lived amongst the problems it faces. 

Regardless of Izzard's sexual identity what is becoming clear is that the selection game has now kicked off & that he/him, she/her is clearly full of himself/herself. 

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 2