Eddie Izzard - Potential Sheffield Lab Mp?

21 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Very - because it is a cushy, overpaid 'job'.

And you don't have to spend months coming up with new material for a stage act. 

If she, (I say she but simply Izzard might be better as apparently she / he / her / him / they / them or thingy are gender fluid), so hang around the Lab Party long enough they might end up with a Peerage like that other Lab luvvie, Tony Robinson?

Edited by Baron99

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

And you don't have to spend months coming up with new material for a stage act. 

If she, (I say she but simply Izzard might be better as apparently she / he / her / him / they / them or thingy are gender fluid), so hang around the Lab Party long enough they might end up with a Peerage like that other Lab luvvie, Tony Robinson?

:thumbsup:

As the Green's Caroline Lucas, (who Izzard is attempting to be selected by the Lab Party to fight the seat for Lab), has been Brighton's MP since 2010 & retaining the seat on 3 further General Elections & increasing her majority each time, it looks like the good people of Brighton are satisfied with the Green Party. 

Rather than changing genders at the drop of a hat, maybe Izzard should consider changing parties? 

Edited by Baron99

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

As the Green's Caroline Lucas, (who Izzard is attempting to be selected by the Lab Party to fight the seat for Lab), has been Brighton's MP since 2010 & retaining the seat on 3 further General Elections & increasing her majority each time, it looks like the good people of Brighton are satisfied with the Green Party. 

Rather than changing genders at the drop of a hat, maybe Izzard should consider changing parties? 

Exactly. I forgot Caroline Lucas was the current MP.  Although she is a 'Green', she is one of the more sensible - very approachable, not strident, and actually listens to/will talk to people - I know, I've spoken to her.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2023 at 12:23, alchresearch said:

Was the "gender thing" the issue in Sheffield?  Or, like in other Labour areas, are locals sick of out of towers being parachuted in?

I don't think it was, because everyone has long grown used to seeing, and has long accepted, Izzard in make-up and women's clothes.  I think Sheff Central just went with someone with relevant practical experience in, and knowledge of, the area.

I thought it was interesting that even though Izzard's appearance and identity is so familiar, established and accepted, the video that announced the Sheffield candidacy concluded with the statement 'oh, yes, and I happen to be trans', which certainly flagged it as an issue.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/08/2023 at 06:52, Hecate said:

I don't think it was, because everyone has long grown used to seeing, and has long accepted, Izzard in make-up and women's clothes .  I think Sheff Central just went with someone with relevant practical experience in, and knowledge of, the area.

I thought it was interesting that even though Izzard's appearance and identity is so familiar, established and accepted, the video that announced the Sheffield candidacy concluded with the statement 'oh, yes, and I happen to be trans', which certainly flagged it as an issue.  

>>because everyone has long grown used to seeing, and has long accepted, Izzard in make-up and women's clothes<<

Do you really think that ?

Maybe you should try talking to people out of your normal social circle which will tend to reflect your own personal views ?

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

>>because everyone has long grown used to seeing, and has long accepted, Izzard in make-up and women's clothes<<

Do you really think that ?

Maybe you should try talking to people out of your normal social circle which will tend to reflect your own personal views ?

Oh do bore off.