Investigating Diana: Death In Paris

Anna B

Well, I've just watched all 4 episodes of this TV programme, and nothing in the whole four hours persuaded me that it wasn't MI5 / MI6 doing what they're paid to do, which is to do the Establishment's dirty work, and clean up afterwards so as to leave no traceable evidence.  

This did nothing to clear up several of the troublesome 'facts.'  At the time of the (much delayed) Inquest, I made a point of reading the actual verbatim court reports that they are legally obliged to publish, and was struck by how they differed from what was being reported in the press. This was pretty much the same whitewash. I don't doubt the integrity of the main investigators, but I believe they allowed the secret service to hoodwink them.

The investigation went along the lines of:

'We even interviewed Prince Charles... '

'Sir, did you plan to murder your wife?'  

'No'

'Thankyou very much Sir. That's all we wanted to know...'

According to the programme, 85% of the population believed Diana had been murdered at the time. I wonder what the figure is now, 25 years later?

Edited by Anna B

5 minutes ago, pattricia said:

The programme was excellent and told the truth of what really happened. It was an accident. 

Not watched it Pat, but your right, of course it was an accident..

Strange way to bump someone of.

And she could have survived..

I can think of better ways to kill someone.

52 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Just why don’t they leave the women to rest in peace.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  Lot of money to be made from conspiracy loons.

Just have a wee think about that inquest verdict: intoxicated, grossly negligent driver unable to control a car moving at high speed in a tunnel hit a concrete pillar.  Passengers not wearing seat belts.  Imagine how many variables have to be predicted and controlled to get the alleged desired outcome. 

Time to focus on more likely conspiracy theories, like a flat earth or Elvis working at Morningside Tesco.