This Is What Racism Looks Like.

Guest makapaka
5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

So what? He may have just been "trying out a whitey" or he could have done it for a bet. Who knows?

What I do know is "I only date black" is racist. 

What if he'd said "I only have black friends"?

Or "I only speak to black people"?

Or "I only spend money in black shops"?

Would that be racist or would you make up more excuses for him?

I can hear you now "Ooooh but he once talked to a white man in 1999" or "Ooooooh he once had a white friend in primary school" or "Ooooooooh he once bought a pair of Brogues from a white guy called Keith in 2010"

Give it up will ya. It's embarrassing. 

Google the definition of racism - it will help you a lot.

15 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

So what? He may have just been "trying out a whitey" or he could have done it for a bet. Who knows?

What I do know is "I only date black" is racist.

As I pointed out, it could just be expressing a preference for who he's attracted to. You're focusing on one interview he did in GQ magazine and ignoring everything else he's ever said on the subject. Without that wider context you can't form a balanced opinion of his views.

What if he'd said "I only have black friends"?

Or "I only speak to black people"?

Or "I only spend money in black shops"?

Would that be racist or would you make up more excuses for him?

I can hear you now "Ooooh but he once talked to a white man in 1999" or "Ooooooh he once had a white friend in primary school" or "Ooooooooh he once bought a pair of Brogues from a white guy called Keith in 2010"

Straw men.

Guest makapaka
19 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaand here come another excuse maker. 🥱 

Which part is racist though.

i don’t even know the bloke or care what he’s on about really - but let me know which bit of it is racist and you might convince me?

4 minutes ago, altus said:

As I pointed out, it could just be expressing a preference for who he's attracted to. 

Snipped 

Then he would have said so. But he didn't because he's racist.

5 minutes ago, altus said:

You're focusing on one interview he did in GQ magazine 

Snipped

I'm focusing on words he said.

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

i don’t even know the bloke or care what he’s on about really - but let me know which bit of it is racist and you might convince me?

Are you still here? I thought you'd be in bed right now instead of being on here defending racism. 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Then he would have said so. But he didn't because he's racist.

The only people who know what he said in the interview are Boyega and the interviewer, we only have what the interviewer chose put in their article. That's why the wider context of him repeatedly saying he has a strong preference for black women elsewhere is important in forming a proper opinion of him. Your insistence on ignoring that says a lot about your motives.

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No answer then. Fair enough 

Straw men never need answers.

Just now, altus said:

The only people who know what he said in the interview are Boyega and the interviewer, we only have what the interviewer chose put in their article. 

Snipped 

Bold

The interview was arranged to make him look good. To make him look amazing. To make him look special.  That's the purpose of these interviews yet it still showed him to be racist. Imagine what that interviewer left out if this is as good as they could make him look.

12 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Well, for years i was led to believe that it's racist for white people to say they would only date white people and that they don't find black people attractive.

If it's racist that way around, then it is the other way around.

And i know you're trying to achieve a 'gotcha' moment with the old 'Google the definition of racism'... but any person of any skin colour can be racist. There's no such thing as 'reverse racism'... racism is racism.

2 hours ago, altus said:

Someone's genitals was just an example of something that would affect whether a person would find another person attractive.

Ah... now you're straying into transphobia territory!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Well, for years i was led to believe that it's racist for white people to say they would only date white people and that they don't find black people attractive.

If it's racist that way around, then it is the other way around.

And i know you're trying to achieve a 'gotcha' moment with the old 'Google the definition of racism'... but any person of any skin colour can be racist. There's no such thing as 'reverse racism'... racism is racism.

Ah... now you're straying into transphobia territory!

Cracking post leviathan13 👏👏👏

Edited by The_DADDY