Do U Remember Woodthorpe School In The 1940s Or 1950s?

Tom D

If it's of any interest, here are some pics of the kids way back then. Afraid I can't name any of them - can you?!

If seems a shame that there is so little information about the school in the 'old days'

I was born and lived in Swallownest from 1940 to 1968, but from September 1952 went to Woodhouse Grammar School,

There was a lad in our class and year who had been at Woodthorpe School - he would have been born in 1940 - he lived on Kilvington Road. His name was Miguel Walker. He had an older brother by the name of Gregor and a younger sister but I don't remember her name. Although not usual English Christian names the parents were 100% local. The father worked for Ferguson Tractors and went around farms carrying out tractor repairs. He had a friend by the name of Keith who lived just around the corner. I remember that they had a fairly large Parrot in their house

Miguel passed away about 7 or 8 years ago. 

Hope this fits into your jigsaw puzzle

Best Regards - Victor M Hutchinson - Subang Jaya, State of Selangor, Malaysia