Just Stop Oil . Heros Or Villains?

Apparently they shut the Dartford crossing by climbing up the bridge ?

Why should that shut the crossing and thoroughly inconvenience tens of thousands of people, thus, BTW, encouraging them to do it again ?
No, I don't think so !

Keep the traffic flowing an if they end up dead that's their own look out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Apparently they shut the Dartford crossing by climbing up the bridge ?

Why should that shut the crossing and thoroughly inconvenience tens of thousands of people, thus, BTW, encouraging them to do it again ?
No, I don't think so !

Keep the traffic flowing an if they end up dead that's their own look out.

I’m inclined to agree with you about keeping the bridge open. Although there might be concerns that the protesters could throw things onto the bridge.

I am surprised that they closed it though. I’d have stuck a few coppers on the bridge and waited for them to run out of food and water.

19 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’m inclined to agree with you about keeping the bridge open. Although there might be concerns that the protesters could throw things onto the bridge.

I am surprised that they closed it though. I’d have stuck a few coppers on the bridge and waited for them to run out of food and water.

They should electrify the bridge.

Then we get to see the protesters do a silly dance before falling to the ground, hopefully fully cooked so everyone can have a celebratory BBQ to mark the end of the protest.

35 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yes , those studs can sting a bit 😀

Are you sure you ain't wearing it inside out?

Edited by The_DADDY

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Then you we to see the protesters do a silly dance before falling to the ground, hopefully fully cooked so everyone can have a celebratory BBQ to mark the end of the protest.

Are you sure you ain't wearing it inside out?

Better fun that way . Can’t sit down to quickly though  😀

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Then we get to see the protesters do a silly dance before falling to the ground, hopefully fully cooked so everyone can have a celebratory BBQ to mark the end of the protest.

I’m perfectly happy to see them protest. It is important that they can. But if they are tucked up at the top of the bridge, I can’t see why the closure was necessary.

Just now, sibon said:

I’m perfectly happy to see them protest. It is important that they can. But if they are tucked up at the top of the bridge, I can’t see why the closure was necessary.

It's the world we live in.

If traffic was allowed to carry on and one of these clowns falls to their death and crashes through someone's sunroof there would be hell to pay. Somone would lose their job, somone would get sued, lessons will be learned. 

14 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

It's the world we live in.

If traffic was allowed to carry on and one of these clowns falls to their death and crashes through someone's sunroof there would be hell to pay. Somone would lose their job, somone would get sued, lessons will be learned. 

Indeed.

Some folks get their panties in knot, over a guy who  takes a shortcut accross a railway line.

Hordes climbing up traffic bridges?

Not so much!  :)

Edited by trastrick

On 19/10/2022 at 14:03, alchresearch said:

The thing I find odd is that not so long ago people were saying that the Tories were going to make protesting illegal and impossible.   These have shown its not the case.

Its possibly a shoo in to getting the public more "on side" when this happens, wouldn't surprise me at all and the police's inaction would back this up.